Search Unity

Deus Ex Human Revolution Multiplayer Mod

Discussion in 'Works In Progress - Archive' started by CTPEJIOK22, Sep 9, 2013.

1. CTPEJIOK22

CTPEJIOK22

Hi to all. I like every part of Deus Ex. Only one bad thing - game dont have multiplayer. So, after some time i decided to make "my own Deus Ex" game. I took Unity3d, UFPS kit, Photon Cloud and now developing game. Main goal - self-education and fun. Second goal - made game, that will be part of cyberpunk Deus Ex universe.

Actual objectives - finish test level, its inspired by Barret Boss fight, add more weapons, player models and two game models - DM and TDM, add them to network. After that i want to add third-person view and other things.

If you want support developing - write to me, first off all i need help in animation and level design, other developers will be great too.

build 2013.09.08
    $237Amh4Hllw.jpg
    $btzNJ7UiIjw.jpg
    $XHR6dTci25g.jpg
    $jX-KGs8pOD8.jpg

build 2013.09.03
    http://cs305100.vk.me/v305100619/5ff0/4L6v4DlLb08.jpg
    http://cs309525.vk.me/v309525619/abdb/iVEYeXgQWYM.jpg
    http://cs309525.vk.me/v309525619/abe5/hkyigJnoqvc.jpg

Its just a mod, that was inspired by "Deus Ex" universe, all credits, trademarks and other goes to their
    proprietors.

My greetings goes to Warren Spector, Square Enix, Eidos, Nixxes :cool:

Last edited: Sep 9, 2013
  2. CTPEJIOK22

CTPEJIOK22

weapons
    $-ohzMamcdaQ.jpg
    $07.jpg

3. virror

virror

Looks very cool so far : )

4. CTPEJIOK22

CTPEJIOK22

thanks)

5. Justei

Justei

Be careful naming this mod anything with Deus Ex, as you don't have the rights to it.
    I've seen lots of Stargate mods get shut down just because they use the "Stargate" name and graphical look of Stargate.

Other than that, looks like a nice start :).

6. primus88

primus88

Well, you can just change the name of the project as long as you don't have graphics from the deux ex lore.
    If you do have graphics as well, in the moment you receive the cease and desist letter, you will have to scrap the project almost completly.

7. CTPEJIOK22

CTPEJIOK22

Thank, i understand this problem, maybe will change name to something like "Project Panchaea" or "Project Hiron", will see in future. At first i want to show, that project is about "Deus Ex", not about "Justin Beeber")

8. CTPEJIOK22

CTPEJIOK22

I use original levels, textures and models only for inspiration. And this mod is non-commercial, for educational purposes, so, its not a problem.

9. FlaxSycle

FlaxSycle

You're literally using their logo complete with their Trademark symbol intact. Making a multiplayer game inspired by Deus Ex : HR is a great idea but the way you present those screenshots heavily misrepresents the situation.

10. virror

virror

As long as he is just using them now when he is developing for himself he should not have any problems, but just to be sure it would probably be a good idea to put "inspired by" or something instead..

11. CTPEJIOK22

CTPEJIOK22

Thanks, guys, law is law) I fixed screenshots, so, now its really looks like a mod)

12. CTPEJIOK22

CTPEJIOK22

Nothing special, just vid from yesterday build

13. CTPEJIOK22

CTPEJIOK22

while i add Photon network support (added connection, players, shooting and synchronisation of position and state), some musicians compose music for our project, check it :)

Music by !GOR BEZZ, special for DeHR Multiplayer
    https://soundcloud.com/1gor
    http://promodj.com/1GOR/music

p.s. old screen of mult game state, nothig special $A_-AdPnjnD0.jpg
    p.p.s. We are looking for:

1) 3d - animator (setup and simple anims)
    2) 3d - modeller (props for levels)
    3) 3d - modeller (weapons)
    4) level designers

Join us :)

mail2: CTPEJIOK22@gmail.com or skype: CTPEJIOK222

Last edited: Sep 20, 2013
  14. CTPEJIOK22

CTPEJIOK22

added few animations, import them to game, all looks fine, but need some tweaks later.

15. taichiu727magnus

taichiu727magnus

will this be commericial?

16. CTPEJIOK22

CTPEJIOK22

no - its just for fun and for fans) i want to make this "mod" like an open platform for modders - anyone can make their own level for game or model.

17. Aralvar

Aralvar

Will there be an open world element to it or is it just linear game modes? I know how hard it is to make an open world mod but I just wanted to ask. =)

18. CTPEJIOK22

CTPEJIOK22

no, idea - make multiplayer game. after few month i maded Deathmatch and Team Deathmatch, after that i want to add more content to game, improve graphics, add some other game modes.

problem with open-world - i use photon network and all low-cost servers with low amount of people, that can connect to game. so, its not will be in near future)

19. CTPEJIOK22

CTPEJIOK22

closer to the first test build - main menu with music

20. CTPEJIOK22

CTPEJIOK22

$DhtaWhPjP-w.jpg

Few tests and updates - new shaders for walls, Dirty Lens shader, Box Projection Correction Environment Mapping at floor and walls.

21. TRex22

TRex22

Since you want this open to modders? Would it be possible for people to port old Deus Ex 1 mods through here? You have captured the feel of DEHR and it would be cool if some of the original mods got a bit of an update of technology.

Also I would say you should remove the DEHR background as that is probably part of their copyright.

Eidos may let you use it if you asked. Many game developers help and supports mods and fan versions of their games but some really dont.

22. CTPEJIOK22

CTPEJIOK22

no, its impossible. i think, that is better took ut1 engine or udk.

our test build contains a lot of copyrighted things, but we are make own versions of models, textures, etc. it takes some time, but in future we will use only our content.

$NS77j_RL4QE.jpg
    $nYp_QfNfpSs.jpg
    $KGb-MdFiPJ8.jpg
    $5ER8m96ITnU.jpg

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jan 4, 2014
  23. CTPEJIOK22

CTPEJIOK22

few project updates:

$cvPWxq_1iso.jpg
    $BM9dIeHYpmA.jpg
    $m8dKSjHzOsk.jpg
    $7P0ZQnW1sJY.jpg
    $whXQLUeeins.jpg

Last edited: Feb 17, 2014
  24. CTPEJIOK22

CTPEJIOK22

25. HolBol

HolBol

Looks like you need some AO.

26. CTPEJIOK22

CTPEJIOK22

i will add ao some later) i have some conflicts with shaders

27. Tidal Blast

Tidal Blast

That doesn't matter at all if it is commercial or not. Deus Ex is their IP and you aren't allowed to make any commercial or non-commercial Deus Ex game without their agreement. The main reason is, if your mod sucks, it could hurt the reputation of their IP and bring confusion.

We've seen in the past many non commercial game mods being shut down by Nintendo and other companies in the past. Just create your own sci-fi universe and make a similar game, that's it.

28. CTPEJIOK22

CTPEJIOK22

i clearly understand this. and i prefere to make it like Satellite Reign - they always says, that "our game inspired by Syndicate, we want to make Syndicate at 3d". they dont make "own universe", anyone, who seen their great demo says "wow, its old Syndicate from Sega in 3d!".

my goal is the same - "wow, its like deus ex, but with multiplayer".

29. CTPEJIOK22

CTPEJIOK22

our progress

Current graphic:

Decals:

Wip Hands animations

30. CTPEJIOK22

CTPEJIOK22

31. Mr. Rolo

Mr. Rolo

This mod is looking beautiful so far!
    I would've preferred it to be in Unreal, but thats my personal preference, Unity is good too as long as you do it right.
    But, I am a huge fan of Deus Ex, always have been since I was a little kid, so you guys go and release an open Alpha of some sort so I can enjoy and give feedback!
    Just like, an early Alpha version with a working map, multiplayer and weapons as a public test?
    It would be nice, keep up the good work.

32. CTPEJIOK22

CTPEJIOK22

thanks! i have tryed ue4 engine last week, you can see screenshots here http://www.moddb.com/games/dehr-multiplayer-mod
    here some small test video:

ue4 looks good, but i want to see unity5 in action, maybe, better to stay with this engine)
    and yes, all test will be public. first test will contain 1 weapon, 2 player models, 1 map, so, need a wait a bit)

33. Mr. Rolo

Mr. Rolo

This is some hard work, quite the progression since when i first discovered this.
    So, will you get some decals going next, you know, bullet holes, blood stains and such? It seems the shaders are down pretty well. Does multiplayer combat work yet? Like, world animations for player models and such. By the way, it looks great, but remember to keep in mind of the people that play that have slower PC's, make sure to optimize the game well and provide extensive video settings to maximize performance.
    But, keep up the great work, thanks for the fast reply, and I can't wait to have an Alpha of this mod to download!
    Quick question: How are the physics? Grenades, throwable exploding barrels (those were a treat in Deus Ex) and death ragdolls maybe? I hope that model in the video is not the player model, its straying away from the Deus Ex look. Are you planning on using the weapon in that video for the mod? I don't like it. :/

Last edited: Apr 8, 2014
  34. MD_Reptile

MD_Reptile

It's impressive how hard you guys are working on this. Hope you don't hit a legal brick wall if it gets finished!

35. CTPEJIOK22

CTPEJIOK22

i added decals long time ago, you can see them at this small test video

also you can take a look at my youtube channel http://www.youtube.com/user/Demiart3d/videos - there are some test videos, also you can see player animations. im not professional animator, so, it looks not bad for self-education mod)
    for world shaders im using skyshop, they are great, also glow11, all of them you can switch off at menu.

now unity3d contain photon-cloud multiplayer, working "free for all" and "team play" mode with rooms, even some augmentations is work. we have some problems with synchonisation of dynamic objects, such as trowing boxes, just because of net code. its not hard to make granade, but make box and allow anyone to take it and move - its not so simple.

at this screen coder make tests of trowing objects, they are created at real-time and work great. so, we need to make some tweaks for "throwable exploding barrels" :)

and dont worry, weapon from last video - its assault rifle from ue4, i took it just for tests) we have another problems and i will show them.

thanks a lot) we work hard for self-education and because we want to make games) but we already hit legal brick.

one of project 3d-artists (he is from Britain and knows english better than me) found eidos contacts and writed mail to them. first goal of project was just to add multiplayer to deus ex game, no money or something like that. and eidos would have helped if we had used their engine and game, like other mods for deusex1 game (i mean "nameless mod", "Project 2027" and other). but this "mod" looks for them "dangerous", they writed many words about copyright and nothing about our work.

so, we need to make some changes to game, remove all copyrighted things. its a pity, but this is life. so, we want to remade some of guns, maybe use some real prototypes, such as real russian weapons, they looks like from deus, just need to make some colour changes:

or made something like that, for example, Hurricane18, that im using now - its reworked german mp5. its not hard to make something like that.

and we want add more ideas from other cyberpunk universes.

Last edited: Apr 9, 2014
  36. MD_Reptile

MD_Reptile

Yes it is unfortunate how harsh the big companies can be, but I guess we cannot deny the original owner of an IP from protecting their investment by keeping all work in house. I still think you should push this game forward. Remove any ties to DX and rebrand it, because it looks quite solid!

37. Mr. Rolo

Mr. Rolo

So is this project dead?