Search Unity

Design buttons for iPad iphone and android

Discussion in 'Immediate Mode GUI (IMGUI)' started by Redeemer86, Oct 10, 2014.

1. Redeemer86

Redeemer86

Hi,

I have achieved basic functionalities for my application and would like some directions on how to proceed with designing button images on photoshop and using these button images for gui. Target Devices include all iPads iphone(normal + retina) and android mobiles. What are the normal button texture sizes in pixels for devices that would cover the above devices according to their resolution.

Can I use gui style after designing them.
    Wanted to use gui layout but cannot define location information to place at specific locations.

Could someone direct me on how to proceed ?

Thanks,
    Red.

2. Redeemer86

Redeemer86

Bumpy ... bump ...

3. Redeemer86

Redeemer86

I also forgot to mention one thing . I used - Matrix4x4.TRS() in OnGUI function ... Dont know if it is relevant to my question of designing buttons seperately with respect to resolution but I guess it scales according to resolution.

4. Redeemer86

Redeemer86

Anyone ? ... I can't get how to proceed with design as I need to know some reference button sizes in pixels for android and iOS apps buttons.

5. Redeemer86

Redeemer86

Could some1 provide some helpful links for the same.

6. Pyronide

Pyronide

Personally, I use texture with my buttons. I am using 64x64 pixel buttons and it seems big enough; 32x32 was too small in my opinion. Now I do not know about what standard size is but would it not matter if it is proportional in the editor? I have not tried to build and play my game yet either.

Sorry if this doesn't help much.

7. Redeemer86

Redeemer86

Thanks pyronide ...
    This helps in getting some idea .. Just require a bit more elaboration for various devices with standard resolutions for both ios and android devices for button textures and the number and sizes of similar textures I would require for each button for the standard iOS and android devices.

Please let me know when you have tried @Pyronide.
    Any other suggestions that might help.
    Thanks,
    Red.