Search Unity

delay before fade and load new scene.

Discussion in 'Scripting' started by Arcanegames, Dec 18, 2014.

1. Arcanegames

Arcanegames

I have this code from brackeys and I want to add a delay section to it. I am not to good at codding and wanted to know if there was just a basic command line that I could past in to allow me to control how many seconds before the fade and load scene took place.

using UnityEngine;
    using System.Collections;

public class Fading : MonoBehaviour {

public Texture2D fadeOutTexture; // the texture that will overlay the screen. This can be a black image or a loading graphic
    public float fadeSpeed = 0.8f; // the fading speed

private int drawDepth = -1000; // the texture's order in the draw hierarchy: a low number means it renders on top
    private float alpha = 1.0f; // the texture's alpha value between 0 and 1
    private int fadeDir = -1; // the direction to fade: in = -1 or out = 1

void OnGUI()
    {
    // fade out/in the alpha value using a direction, a speed and Time.deltaTime to convert the operation to seconds
    alpha += fadeDir * fadeSpeed * Time.deltaTime;
    // force (clamp) the number to be between 0 and 1 because GUI.color uses Alpha values between 0 and 1
    alpha = Mathf.Clamp01(alpha);

// set color of our GUI (in this case our texture). All color values remain the same & the Alpha is set to the alpha variable
    GUI.color = new Color (GUI.color.r, GUI.color.g, GUI.color.b, alpha);
    GUI.depth = drawDepth; // make the black texture render on top (drawn last)
    GUI.DrawTexture(new Rect(0, 0, Screen.width, Screen.height), fadeOutTexture); // draw the texture to fit the entire screen area
    }

// sets fadeDir to the direction parameter making the scene fade in if -1 and out if 1
    public float BeginFade (int direction)
    {
    fadeDir = direction;
    return (fadeSpeed);
    }

// OnLevelWasLoaded is called when a level is loaded. It takes loaded level index (int) as a parameter so you can limit the fade in to certain scenes.
    void OnLevelWasLoaded()
    {
    // alpha = 1; // use this if the alpha is not set to 1 by default
    BeginFade(-1); // call the fade in function
    }
    }

2. fire7side

fire7side

There's Invoke.

3. StevenJacobs90

StevenJacobs90

I believe you can do this with Coroutines and IEnumerators, they contain a simple function like WaitForSeconds("int number of how many seconds you want to wait").

4. DanielQuick

DanielQuick