Search Unity

Default splash screen has black borders (Android)

Discussion in 'Android' started by RR25, Sep 11, 2015.

1. RR25

RR25

As the title says, when I compile a game and run it on Android, the splash screen doesn't fill the whole screen (it has black borders around it).

I'm using Unity Personal, so I can't change the settings at all.

I have tried reinstalling Unity and trying with a new empty project, but the problem persists.
    In another forum, the only solution I found was rescaling the Splash.png image, which I'm not even sure is allowed by the license. Using this solution, the quality of image displayed on Android isn't as good as it used to be.

2. RR25

RR25

I have found another Unity user that has the same problem, so its not just my case. He's using the 5.2 version too.

3. Prodigga

Prodigga

Same here, noticed it right after the 5.2 update.

4. pampapic

pampapic

Same problem here...

5. sevensails

sevensails

The Android Splash Screen will not be updated to the new version?

6. pampapic

pampapic

@Wagenheimer apparently not for Android. For iOS the splashcreen is the new one.

7. RR25

RR25

Has anybody found a solution yet?
    I don't want to go back to 5.1 to release my game since I'm using some new features of 5.2.

8. pampapic

pampapic

5.2.1f1 same problem...

9. outasync

outasync

Why can't they leave stuff that works alone, up till now its been fine. Lets be honest how long would it take someone to change an image on a splash screen.

Last edited: Oct 6, 2015
  10. neutt22ads

neutt22ads

I have same problem. This is annoying issue. Why did they have to bother something that's working fine

11. outasync

outasync

Unity 5.2.2 and its still present, I don't want to release my game with this junk splash screen, I have no problem with powered by unity but this just looks stupid.

Seriously what are you guys doing? how long would it take 1 person to correct this splash screen issue for android, it was working before just fine...so put it back, oh and just an FYI your new idea for the wording Unity personal edition splash screen is moronic, stop trying to fix things that already work and fix things that are actually broken.