Search Unity

Dead example Making plugins

Discussion in 'BlackBerry' started by tyoc213, Jun 27, 2014.

1. tyoc213

tyoc213

robertono likes this.
  2. WaterlooErik

WaterlooErik

3. tyoc213

tyoc213

I found the blog post quite good (y). Now lets see.

By the way, for the repo before I skim on the code, can you provide a order of "complexity" if not the complete list a suggestion of which one of this to look into first?

4. WaterlooErik

WaterlooErik

I've had a bit of exposure to the Heart Rate Monitor sample and I would venture that it is likely a bit more complex. The Invoke extension has only one native function that's being called.

The short of it is though, that you make a SO library in Momentics / native BlackBerry. Export it, and then import that SO library into Unity and create a wrapper for those functions.

Once I actually went through it myself, it became much more clear.

For starting out, I'd recommend the Invoke extensions just because I was the one that wrote it, so I can answer any questions about it a little better than the other :) The other one is a great example too, I just know less about the specific workings, and it is a bit more complex.

Edit: Note that the repo has only two Unity plugins: the BtHrmPlugin and UnityInvoke. The rest are native samples, but not necessarily related to Unity plugins.

5. robertono

robertono

6. robertono

robertono