Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

DarkRift Essentials Server Plugin

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by muzz155, May 3, 2015.

1. muzz155

muzz155

Hello guys,

This is my first time posting something on the Unity Forums :D
    From the recent discovery Dark Rift Asset which allows game developers to make multiplayer games super easy I thought I would contribute by creating a universal plugin based of Essentials for Minecraft. for it that improves the functionality of the server console. This is still in development there is alot of work still needs to be done. :p

A few of these commands are:
    • "help" which lists all the commands including others from different plugins.
    • "findip" which allows you find your public IP to allow others to connect.
    • The list of rest of the commands and up coming features are included in the download.

This is the first version I am publishing. So I will be updating the plugin regularly adding more features to improve the experience of the Dark Rift server. If you like my work, check out my website here.

You can find the plugin on my website:
    Essentials 1.0

Essentials 1.0.1

Essentials 1.1

Last edited: May 6, 2015
    Kinukin and jpthek9 like this.
  2. jpthek9

jpthek9

This is awesome! Unfortunately, I'm getting this error when I try to run it with or without another plugin:

[Error] Plugin C:\Users\John\Documents\DPhysics\.Lockstep Server\Plugins\Dark_Ri
    ft_Essentials.dll failed to load:
    System.IO.FileLoadException: Could not load file or assembly 'file:///C:\Users\J
    ohn\Documents\DPhysics\.Lockstep Server\Plugins\Dark_Rift_Essentials.dll' or one
    of its dependencies. Operation is not supported. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x801
    31515)
    File name: 'file:///C:\Users\John\Documents\DPhysics\.Lockstep Server\Plugins\Da
    rk_Rift_Essentials.dll' ---> System.NotSupportedException: An attempt was made t
    o load an assembly from a network location which would have caused the assembly
    to be sandboxed in previous versions of the .NET Framework. This release of the
    .NET Framework does not enable CAS policy by default, so this load may be danger
    ous. If this load is not intended to sandbox the assembly, please enable the loa
    dFromRemoteSources switch. See http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=155569 for
    more information.
    at System.Reflection.RuntimeAssembly._nLoad(AssemblyName fileName, String cod
    eBase, Evidence assemblySecurity, RuntimeAssembly locationHint, StackCrawlMark&
    stackMark, IntPtr pPrivHostBinder, Boolean throwOnFileNotFound, Boolean forIntro
    spection, Boolean suppressSecurityChecks)
    at System.Reflection.RuntimeAssembly.InternalLoadAssemblyName(AssemblyName as
    semblyRef, Evidence assemblySecurity, RuntimeAssembly reqAssembly, StackCrawlMar
    k& stackMark, IntPtr pPrivHostBinder, Boolean throwOnFileNotFound, Boolean forIn
    trospection, Boolean suppressSecurityChecks)
    at System.Reflection.RuntimeAssembly.InternalLoadAssemblyName(AssemblyName as
    semblyRef, Evidence assemblySecurity, RuntimeAssembly reqAssembly, StackCrawlMar
    k& stackMark, Boolean throwOnFileNotFound, Boolean forIntrospection, Boolean sup
    pressSecurityChecks)
    at System.Reflection.RuntimeAssembly.InternalLoadFrom(String assemblyFile, Ev
    idence securityEvidence, Byte[] hashValue, AssemblyHashAlgorithm hashAlgorithm,
    Boolean forIntrospection, Boolean suppressSecurityChecks, StackCrawlMark& stackM
    ark)
    at System.Reflection.Assembly.LoadFrom(String assemblyFile)
    at DarkRift.PluginManager.LoadPlugins()

I'm using DarkRift 1.2. Is this built with the dependencies of an earlier version? If so, I think that might be the problem because Jamie made a lot of big changes with the new release.

3. Jamster

Jamster

Hmmm strange error... I'll leave that up to you ;)

Post your link here and I'll add you to the list at the top :)

4. muzz155

muzz155

Woah that is weird. I will have a look at it now! Thanks Jpthek9!

5. muzz155

muzz155

fix is here! Should work with the dark rift update! Check the thread for the updated version.

Last edited: May 7, 2015
  6. jpthek9

jpthek9

Hey, do you mind if I include a recommendation to this plugin in the DPhysics package? I think the ability to get the server's IP will be extremely useful.

7. muzz155

muzz155

Yeah sure :) What is this DPhysics package?

8. jpthek9

jpthek9

9. muzz155

muzz155

ooo... Looks interesting!

10. Kinukin

Kinukin

You are a legend...a Minecraft based server in Unity is amazing! I'm going to purchase this after I configure with the free version :)

I support this!

muzz155 likes this.
  11. muzz155

muzz155

Thanks for the support Kinukin! :)

12. Spy-Shifty

Spy-Shifty

Download link is broken

13. Jamster

Jamster

I'll see what I can do, I think I might release my own version of this plugin :oops: