Search Unity

Customisable Wooden Mannequin - Character Model

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by The_BenEvans, Oct 16, 2014.

1. The_BenEvans

The_BenEvans

[UPDATE v2.0 FOR UNITY 5 OUT NOW!]

Hey everybody,

A while back I released my first Asset onto the store, being the "Customisable Wooden Mannequin". It's currently selling for $18.75 with 3 ratings at 5 star! Still looking for that first reivew!

It's selling at a nice and steady rate each month, and it's about time it had a major update. This will be to the current package, so it will be free for existing customers, and I'll be keeping in the old versions in the package to not disrupt anyone's work.

Current plans for the update:
    • Physically based materials for Unity 5
    • Refined model and correct scaling
    • Improved normal maps
    • Low and High poly models
    • New Example Demo
    • User Requests (Let me know in the thread)

Also if you're using or planning to use this in your project please let me know! I'm really interested in seeing how people are using it and I'll try and showcase your work with it.

Please let me know if what you'd like to see and if you've bought it please rate and review, it means a lot!

While you wait check out the current example demo.

Last edited: Apr 22, 2015
  2. The_BenEvans

The_BenEvans

A quick update on the new version for Unity 5.

In the new version so far:
    • Improved model. (Actually based on a real life one next to me this time. Spoiler: Should have done this the first time)
    • New Substance which works nicely with PBR in Unity 5.
    • Better scaling. The first model was about 10 meters tall I think. This version is more human sized. Will nail down before release.
    • Better skinning. Limbs operate like in the real world. No more weird wood stretching.
    • Currently far less customization at the moment. I would like to focus on the users real customization needs, so please let me know what you'd want, e.g. ability to change wear, colour, etc...

3. The_BenEvans

The_BenEvans

Just waiting for the official release of Unity 5 before publishing to the store. I will try and keep 4.6 compatibility in the 5 version.

If you have any requests now is a good time to mention them, as I have limited time these days.

4. The_BenEvans

The_BenEvans

New update: As Unity 5 is fully released now I'm trying to get around to getting the new version out hopefully soon.

I've completely remodeled the mannequin from scratch, but it'll maintain the same bone structure. This one is modeled from measurements from the one stood on my desk and not eyeballed like the previous version, so should be much more realistic!

This WILL be a update to the existing package! If you've already bought it (you should buy it if you haven't!) or you're thinking of possibly purchasing it, please let me know soon on options or features you want it to have.

-Blender model render - UV mapping needs finalising - Substance Texture to be made - Base is separate model to main character mesh-

-Real Model with added blur!-

5. The_BenEvans

The_BenEvans

Quick update: The new Mannequin is submitted and should hopefully go up soon if there are no problems. Remember it's still the same package, so you can buy now!

6. The_BenEvans

The_BenEvans

Another quick update: It's now released! If you've bought and downloaded it, please let me know what you're using it for, I'd love to see

7. The_BenEvans

The_BenEvans

Here's the image designed for my business cards. Are you using this asset in any of your work? Show it on here!