Search Unity

Custom Inspectors - Free

Discussion in 'Made With Unity' started by raiden, Dec 21, 2014.

1. raiden

raiden

Hi all, it's been awhile since I have contributed anything, so I thought I would share some Custom Inspectors I wrote some time ago.

There 6 Custom Inspectors and 1 Editor Window. Here is the link to the package: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/96068012/Tutorials/ULSTools/_ULSTools.unitypackage

Inside the package are the scripts and demo scenes of each Custom Inspector. They are fairly straightforward and pretty easy to use. But I'll post some screens and short descriptions here for you.

Here is a screenshot of the Editor Window "Stop Watch". This can be accessed from Unity's "Window" menu.
    This timer is pretty handy for forecasting end times for repetitious tasks you perform in Unity.

Here are some screen shots of the custom inspectors:

This RotateTo editor simply rotates an object towards a transform or Vector3. Handy for setting up cutscene nodes that maybe a camera will move and rotate to.

This InspectorNotes editor allows you to keep notes, instructions to TODO's on an object. Handy for coming back to reminders on objects at later times.

This GizmoDraw editor simply does what it says. The presets are handy, and also the Radius is useful for determining where the range is for example in a Physics.SphereCast.

This DisplayDistance editor shows the distance between to transforms. Also handy for knowing visually how far targets need to be to perform logic.

This CountChildren editor will show you the number of children user your parent object. You can also rename the child objects and append an incrementing number (starting with 1) to the name. Handy for quickly getting number of nodes, and renaming them for coding purposes.

I hope these are useful to you.

-Raiden

Last edited: Jan 13, 2015
  2. TwiiK

TwiiK

Just a friendly reminder: TIFF images are not supported in very many modern browsers. Chrome and Firefox can not display them at all for instance so a big percentage of the users viewing your post can't see your images. I suggest you convert them to PNG.

3. raiden

raiden

Thnx Twiik, I made the changes so they should show up now. Please let me know if you see any issues.

-Raiden

4. raiden

raiden

Hi everyone, vs. 2.0 is ready for you. Select the link in the top post to get it.

Added Editor Window: DistanceCalculator.cs

Drag in a target transform, and choose a distance to calculate, and what axis to calculate on. Very handy for things like precise node spacing of side by side multiple paths.

Also there are 2 new Wizards: EnableChildObjects.cs & DisableChildObjects.cs, that simply do what they say, and GizmoDraw.cs has been updated to support 2D Collider Bounds.

Hope this helps you out.

-Raiden

5. blueteak

blueteak

Using Chrome on Macbook Pro, can't see any pictures.

6. raiden

raiden

Strange, originally the images were.tiff, and there was a problem with that, so I converted all the images to .png, not sure what format you need, I did find others who are having the same issue with Google Chrome and png images: https://productforums.google.com/forum/#!topic/chrome/1TGmuQfkmys

Hopefully, Chrome will provide an update to resolve this issue, in the mean time, if your interested in seeing the images, feel free to download them in a zip file here:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/96068012/Tutorials/ULSTools/CustomInspectorImages.zip

-Raiden