Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Cucumber Apocalypse

Discussion in 'Works In Progress - Archive' started by NotEnoughLemons3D, Aug 29, 2014.

1. NotEnoughLemons3D

NotEnoughLemons3D

Hello,
    I have been working on a game for some time called Cucumber Apocalypse. The game is mostly focused on gameplay (with a cartoon style) and fun rather than graphics and realism. Before I go on, here are some screenshots.

screenshot45.png
    58.png
    screenshot48.png

screenshot6.png
    Video of Gameplay

There is a lot more to this game than what the screenshots show, Including a car, boat, and helicopter. All of the large structures are destructible including the lighthouse, cabin, giant satellite, water tower, and bridge. Over 100 cucumber zombies can be coming for your brains at once. After some time a storm comes in bringing with it meteors. You can turn the meteors off in the menu. There is also a way to escape the Island, but I will let you figure that out yourself. A video will be coming soon with gameplay.

Things that make this game original
    • Destructible Structures (zombies tear down anything that gets in there way)
    • Vehicles
    • Fast paced (a lot of cucumber zombies at once)
    • A way to escape the island
    • Weather change
    • meteorites
    • Change gameplay to your liking (change weather time, meteorites, difficulty (in percentages))
    • Cartoon style
    • Fun Weapons

The reason I post this here is because I am looking for feedback and help. Should I continue the game, or is it too unoriginal or not good enough? Should I add more levels? There is also still a lot of work (mostly audio and little things) I have to do, and if you have an suggestions they would be greatly appreciated. Also, if you have any questions about the game please ask.

Play or download the Beta here at http://www.cucumberapocalypse.x10host.com and please leave me feedback there, here, or email me at notenoughlemons@gmail.com

Thanks!

Last edited: Oct 19, 2014
    calmcarrots likes this.
  2. Samuel411

Samuel411

Looks great and sounds halariously fun. Continue this.

3. NotEnoughLemons3D

NotEnoughLemons3D

Thanks! It really motivates me to work harder when I get feedback! I tried playing your game Side Tracked but it wouldn't load for me (I do have really sucky internet though).

4. crag

crag

Difficulty seems kinda high.
    Maybe add an adjustment for mouse look speed?
    Otherwise, keep up the good work!

5. KheltonHeadley

KheltonHeadley

Looks like watermelon.

6. C-Screator

C-Screator

Did you do all of the scripts for this

7. NotEnoughLemons3D

NotEnoughLemons3D

Ok thanks! I will be adding difficulty option (easy, medium, hard) and possibly a zombie amount limit to stop lag when 200 zombies are in the game at once. Also, I will add an option for mouse sensitivity. Thanks again for the feedback!

8. NotEnoughLemons3D

NotEnoughLemons3D

Almost all. I used some of the ones that come on Unity (like mouselook) and for a few things other scripts that were free online.

9. C-Screator

C-Screator

Wow that's impressive, I really like the extra touches you did like hold the gun up when you walk into wall. Its nice to see people trying for more realistic gameplay than realistic graphics too many game companies focus on the graphics. Great work.

10. NotEnoughLemons3D

NotEnoughLemons3D

Thank you!! Right now the gun going up is only on the sniper because it was too long and I didn't want people shooting through walls. I can easily add it for the other guns though. Thank you for the feedback!

11. NotEnoughLemons3D

NotEnoughLemons3D

As suggested by Crag, added Difficulty option (easy, normal, hard) that uses percentages, so easy is 50%, normal 100%, and hard 150%. You can choose any percent between 50%-150% that you prefer. So far this changes the amount of zombies per round, and the health and speed of the zombies. Also added mouse sensitivity option. This is only updated on the web player at http://www.cucumberapocalypse.x10host.com/ and not on the standalone download. Anyone who plays the game and sees the pause menu, most of the stuff on there is for testing purposes and will be removed.

Finally, here is a video showing some gameplay, but not specific things.

Thanks to all for the suggestions

12. crag

crag

Since they are zombified, does that mean they're pickled? o_O

13. NotEnoughLemons3D

NotEnoughLemons3D

Hahaha hadn't thought of that:)
    Maybe I should add some pickles that take more damage to kill and come at later rounds?
    What do you think?

14. crag

crag

Sure! I imagine pickles to be a bit more "sour" or angry. ;)

15. NotEnoughLemons3D

NotEnoughLemons3D

pickle.JPG
    pickle2.JPG
    What I came up with for the pickles to look like.

16. crag

crag

17. virror

virror

Haha, great little game : )

18. NotEnoughLemons3D

NotEnoughLemons3D

(
    Thanks Virror :)!

Added the Pickles into the game with 3x as much health as the cucumbers and 125% faster.
    Added a cucumber zombie cap which stops zombies from spawning when a certain amount is reached. You can turn this on and off in the preferences at the main menu, and you can also change the amount. This is to stop lag on slow running computers that can't handle too many zombies.

For testing right now if you play the game at the pause menu in the top right type in 'NotEnoughLemons'.
    After you do that you can do a few commands:
    Type Command: ( #) Does:
    god ( 1 ) makes you invincible (change # to 0 to turn off)
    Ray (no #) Makes wherever you click you jump to
    Gravity (1-20 ) Changes gravity
    Kill All (no #) Kills all zombies
    Round (# of whatever round you want) Changes round to whatever you want

This is just for testing and will be removed when the game is almost finished.

This is updating right now on the website and should be complete soon.

19. C-Screator

C-Screator

Wow, you've made a lot of progress, if you need any help with modelling then just ask :)

20. NotEnoughLemons3D

NotEnoughLemons3D

Thank you :)! I am not the greatest modeler, but I actually have been working really hard on modeling most of the stuff myself (like the guns, vehicles, and buildings but not the trees or rocks). The vehicles look especially bad tho. For now I am going to try and improve on the models myself, but if I get stuck I will be sure to ask you. Thanks again!

21. C-Screator

C-Screator

the guns are pretty good I thought! Don't be afraid to add more polygons, And trust me we all have to start somewhere, try using tutorials that's how I got started. Hope it helps.

22. Sabathius

Sabathius

Haha! Strong theme and really amusing gameplay. :cool:

23. NotEnoughLemons3D

NotEnoughLemons3D

Thank you Sabathius for the feedback!:)

There hasn't been an update in a while because I have been really busy.

In my free time I have still been able to add a new weapon into the game. This is a laser weapon that kills all the cucumbers in its path. It is not on the web player yet because I am still fixing a few more things, but I thought I would show it off. This will most likely not come into play until very late into the game.
    Can you tell what game weapon it is inspired from:D?
    Remember it is a cartoon design.
    1.png

58.png

36.png

Last edited: Oct 19, 2014
  24. NotEnoughLemons3D

NotEnoughLemons3D

Updates
    • Web player updated with laser gun.
    • shotgun improved
    • laser gun fire sound added
    • laser gun destroys structures
    • laser scope improved

25. KheltonHeadley

KheltonHeadley

Still watermelons. :rolleyes:

26. NotEnoughLemons3D

NotEnoughLemons3D

Haha! I can see that but a watermelon apocalypse doesn't sound quite as threatening :eek:.