Search Unity

[Critical Payments Bug] Same card #, different expiration date/security code causing issues

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by MrLucid72, Jun 20, 2016.

1. MrLucid72

MrLucid72

I think there's some sort of DB issue locally with Unity asset store that once stored my old debit card,

and I now got a replacement debit card (same #, different expiration date and 3 digit code), I can/could make purchases anywhere and everywhere... except Unity store. I even called my bank to make sure, and they said they didn't even see an attempt go through, meaning it's rejecting during local validation.

Now even if I use my old card info, it would pass locally, then reject to my bank because of invalid date/code.

It's quite the paradox.

Temporarily: Is there a way to wipe my payment info clean?
    Permanently: Perhaps detect for different date/cv prompting to update old card?

I can't make any purchases until this is resolved :/ I have $135 ready to spend after resolved :) Let me know what can be done~

2. MrLucid72

MrLucid72

3. Thomas-K989

Thomas-K989

Unity Technologies

Please contact support@unity3d.com

They can help you and forward your request to someone responsible for our payment gateway. They will need some more detailed information which are probably not a good idea to post on this forum.

4. MrLucid72

MrLucid72

Hi Thomas --

Normally I wouldn't post on the forum about this, it's just that I did already send an email to that contact 4 days ago and have had no response yet, so suddenly I'm getting a bit nervous with time pressure (production is halted for 2 devs until I can deliver the assets that can't be substituted for a placeholder).

Cheers~

5. MrLucid72

MrLucid72

Hi Thomas, it's been about 1.5 weeks since I emailed support with a couple follow ups - no idea if it's being handled : is it possible to help me follow up? Seems that I can indefinitely buy things from asset store until this is resolved :/

6. John-G

John-G

A work around for the issue may be to setup a paypal account using that card, and then use PayPal to purchase from unity.

MrLucid72 likes this.
  7. MrLucid72

MrLucid72

Oho! you're smart :) Going to try this. It's been about 10 days and no response yet :/

John-G likes this.
  8. MrLucid72

MrLucid72

Just following up that the PayPal workaround works (yep - guy above is genius for the suggestion), but the bug still exists -- if anyone gets an updated/replaced debit card with the same card # but different expiration/CVC code, they will all experience this same bug (in a matter of time)

Last edited: Jul 14, 2016