Search Unity

cretaceous (android dinsaur fighting game)

Discussion in 'Works In Progress - Archive' started by bioxon23, Aug 20, 2012.

1. bioxon23

bioxon23

Hello! We are trying to promote our project for feedback.
    Our youtube Chanel: http://www.youtube.com/user/ForcedGames/videos

Please comment like and subscribe! It really helps us.

Small description: Its a game about dinosaurs fighting. You might have played similar games like primal rage or JP: warpath or Combat of giants. We are trying to make a realistic version of that with good graphics and realistic attacks. All dinosaurs will have their own week and strong spots. But still it will be balanced. we are planing to bring about 20 dinosaurs in game and 10 arenas to fight in. There will be blood splashes and intense fighting. And all that is coming to your android device.

Please reply, subscribe, comment and like to make this game come true!

thanks for reading! Tell us what you think.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Aug 20, 2012
  2. Music-Vortex

Music-Vortex

It's looking great! Can't wait to see a demo of this game :)

3. hellraizerhhh

hellraizerhhh

The art looks great, but how is the programming going?

4. bioxon23

bioxon23

we just got a new programmer so we hope for quick progress to keep you guys updated, and bring exciting gameplay fotage

5. bioxon23

bioxon23

6. virror

virror

Looks very nice. If you want to make a realistig game you should start by looking up the dinosaurs : p
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Velociraptor , don't trust in everything you see on TV ; )
    Anyways, the models are fantastic anyway, will follow this one.

7. JamesArndt

JamesArndt

Dude you're dinosaurs look amazeballs! The instant I saw "dinosaur fighting game" I was highly interested. I think a lot of people will be interested in your idea, it's not every day you come across a project idea like that. Keep it up and keep us posted!

8. bioxon23

bioxon23

Thanks for comments! I'm a dinosaur nerd and i know that TV has changed dinosaurs a bit also about that velociraptor having feathers, we will still go with this one because it looks better in my opinion. Keep following this project and don't forget about you-tube Chanel. Thanks for complimenting our work!

Last edited: Aug 23, 2012
  9. hellraizerhhh

hellraizerhhh

Thanks for ruining the dreams of all of us who grew up with Jurassic Park :p

10. bioxon23

bioxon23

Last edited: Aug 24, 2012
  11. Blacklight

Blacklight

12. Edaphosaurus

Edaphosaurus

That's a shame, maybe you could make two Velociraptors, one accurate and one kept Jurassic park style, so your game can be both accurate and popular.

13. virror

virror

Spineosaurus looks very good! Tail is way to short though, thats why is is of balance : p

14. bioxon23

bioxon23

I modeled spinosaurus acording to jurassic parks blueprint because it was the best i could find.

15. virror

virror

Just google for images of the skeleton, should give a good reference. Tail should be almost as long as the total rest of the body to give him a chance of not tipping over : ) But really great work on the modeling, wish i had such a talented modeler on my team : p

16. bioxon23

bioxon23

I ment realistic in a sence of animations and restrictions that soome dinsoaurs will have, not in a look because noone really knows how they looked, we let our fantasy go wild with that.

17. bioxon23

bioxon23

You will find him one day :D

18. Filto

Filto

Your dinosaurs looks very pro and your menu screen very amateur. Don't really compute too me. nice job on the dinos anyway!

19. bioxon23

bioxon23

id have to disagree

20. imaginaryhuman

imaginaryhuman

Very nice dinosaurs. Do you offer rides?

21. bioxon23

bioxon23

What do you mean?

22. Filto

Filto

Fair enough, these are my inputs for all its worth cause you asked us to tell you what we think. To me the logo has clear readability problems, it has an obvious bevel/emboss filter on it which also creates jagged artifacts and is pretty much a cheap push a button effect. Pure black glow around it dirties down the nice background. If you want rough,stony surface look for the logo maybe use a bolder typeface to emphasize this. The menubuttons has a very busy texture, which isn't the best for readability with the text ontop either and creates a clear tiling effect. The solid green text seems off compared to everything else that goes with a nature theme. Maybe the text can be carved into the wood instead?

Well as I said your Dinos look top notch so I think som more love on the menuscrren will push this to the level it deserves. Good luck

23. bioxon23

bioxon23

Thanks!

24. bioxon23

bioxon23

Bringing you guys first gameplay screnshot. http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=2vb3bjm&s=6 Its more of a preview for ingame graphics, but it will be polished and much better. Also no alpha map fo teeth yet, will come very soon.
    Also i tought about your advises about improving main menu, and we have come up with a great and cool idea that will compliment game a lot, as soonas its done you will get some screenshots for preview.

25. bioxon23

bioxon23

26. bioxon23

bioxon23

bump again

27. Adamant356

Adamant356

Looking good so far, how's progress?

28. bioxon23

bioxon23

In the near time expect to see some cgi video about game

29. bioxon23

bioxon23

Great news guys! We redid the menu background and basically whole concept of main menu, now we have a 3d dynamic forest scene. We would like you to comment it really helps us refining our work and only with your help we can make this game any decent.

Camera will move from one spot to another depending on the menu you are in.
    Its not final visuals there will be fog, there's a wind blowing. Basically we are trying to make it look better.

30. hellraizerhhh

hellraizerhhh

Dont worry too much about how it looks right now. Get the foundation build first of what your core ideas and features are

31. bioxon23

bioxon23

We have all ideas figured out and we are slowly aproaching them. Main things that are coming are poster, CGI intro and the game itself. Thanks for your comment!

32. bioxon23

bioxon23

33. mxdirector

mxdirector

A little confused about this project. I'm not accusing you of anything I just suggest you should be more clear.
    When an individual who made those dinosaur models doesn't show his modeling demo reel or have any internet presence on any site, a red flag goes up.
    The dinosaur models you posted here, do not match the content in this topic http://forum.unity3d.com/threads/132177-Cretaceous-(dinosaur-fighting-game)-our-team-is-looking-for-members
    Within this topic a user "Shade Games " offers you his dinosaur models. http://www.moddb.com/mods/lost-world-returns/images.
    If you are using his models that is all well and good :). However your topics are not being descriptive at all about the project and being clear abotu where the models came from.

If the models were modeled by yourself then you should have an online portfolio by now, as you are very talented. If not, and you got the models from another user ( I should note that I am not suggesting in the least that you stole them) then you should be clear, because if an experienced user wishes to get involved with your project based on the assumptions that you are also experienced artists and animators. Then I think it's a little unfair to that person, and you may be wasting his/her time by getting them involved in the project under false pretenses.

I am simply suggesting that you be a little bit more clear about who is in the project what they are doing and where you got the content from, as it will save you some hassle later down the road.

34. bioxon23

bioxon23

Well i suggest you to read carefully and compare posting dates that thread is like a year old or something, since than all models have been redone and that dude that offered me models never replied and i wouldn't of taken those models cuz they are too high poly. Basically all those are our models modeled by me and textured by our texture artist. But still thank you for keeping thread alive i appreciate that.

35. bioxon23

bioxon23

Basically we have no need for portfolio cuz for example i got all on my pc ad if i need to show someone i just send it. and its pretty clear that there are 3 of us currently.

36. Edaphosaurus

Edaphosaurus

I'm going to make an animal fighting game. It will include a polar bear. The polar bear will have no fur. This is because rabbits have fur and it makes them look cute. I mean, imagine walking around and an animal which looks like a big cuddly white rabbit jumps out at you. Lame. So my game will have it with no fur. Also, it will walk on its knuckles. Not because it makes sense, just because it looks cool. You can tell me that they have fur and are not knuckle walkers, but how do I know you're not lying. I've never seen I live one so I don't know for sure what they look like.

So, what do you say to that? Interested?

37. janpec

janpec

Your first main menu screen looks way better than current one, just my opinion. Somethimes 2d images can create better feeling of scene than 3d scenes themselves.

38. bioxon23

bioxon23

Well current menu will eb interactive in a way and thats way cooler.

39. bioxon23

bioxon23

40. bioxon23

bioxon23

OK guys that thread was dead for a while but still project is not dead, i could upload web player but idk how to do it properly. So lets do a bit of voting. which game icon do you like better?

We really need a feedback. Otherwise it might not turn out the best it could.

41. Girard

Girard

I like the silver one more :)

42. Myhijim

Myhijim

I like the one with the dinosaur in it

43. bioxon23

bioxon23

Good point :D

44. ZoomDomain

ZoomDomain

nice, we need some proper decent dinosaur games!

45. bioxon23

bioxon23

thank you, yes thats also our point and goal to make a proper game about dinsoaurs

46. Edaphosaurus

Edaphosaurus

Yes, a proper game with scaly pronated raptors and other inaccuracies which I care not to mention. You should team up with E2R_Ben. He made the best of both worlds, by creating a Jurassic park raptor but promising people like Virror and I a feathered version too.

We live in a scientifically enlightened world. Why don't we take advantage of it rather than repeating our forefather's mistakes?

47. cherub

cherub

nice forest!

48. bioxon23

bioxon23

Thanks, btw forest scene has been changed a lot.

49. bioxon23

bioxon23

Bringing you some visual content there are all variations of postosuchus textures that all will be in game.
    Btw if someone can help us we would uplaod the webplayer for you to try out the game and we will bring you updates, we just dont know how that is done, so if anyone could help?

50. Edaphosaurus

Edaphosaurus

If you make Postosuchus variations will you make Velociraptor variations? (Feathers - hint, hint)