Search Unity

Creating 2D learning game - where to begin?

Discussion in '2D' started by merisendabills, Oct 29, 2014.

1. merisendabills

merisendabills

Hi all -

I'm a former elementary school teacher and am diving into Unity. I've watched/followed a few tutorials, and am just now getting more or less the hang of how unity works.

I'm working on a project with some other educators. We're trying to create web-based STEAM learning games.

Right now we are just working on one game. The idea is that the user starts at a boat dock, and must drag and drop crates onto a boat. What we are trying to achieve is that the boat moves forward if the crates are balanced (equal number on both sides) and the boat sinks if it's unbalanced.

So far, what I am understanding is that each part of the game would be a scene. So in the first scene, it would be the boat dock, and the scripts I would be using are drag and drop. Then, I would set up a trigger for animation depending on how the crates are dragged onto the boat.

Am I on the right path? Would really love ideas/suggestions on how to get started.

2. CalaveraX

CalaveraX

If you dont count with a programmer, i would strongly recommend you to search for assets like "Playmaker" that would really simplify your life and the whole experience with unity :)