Search Unity

Create Game and Join Room

Discussion in 'Multiplayer' started by ashish-kainth937, Sep 1, 2014.

1. ashish-kainth937

ashish-kainth937

Hello All,

Hope you all are doing great with your work...

I need your help in one of game. I am developing a game having feature such as sending request to Facebook Friends to play this game using push notification. I am going to describe you what exactly is going on.

- I am working on multiplayer game.
    - In which user can create a room and send request to his Facebook friend to play a game. An appropriate request is sent to that friend on their Facebook account as a notification.
    - I am using Photon SDK for multiplayer.
    - I don't have any idea how can i tell that friend when he/she install that app on there IOS device then he can start playing in that room which was created by his friend by whom he get the request to play that game.

Please give your ideas or any help so that i can move forward.
    Thanks
    Ashish

2. tobiass

tobiass

Usually, you would send an invitation as push message to the app that should handle the invitation. If that's not installed, the receiver will not get the invitation.

If you send an invitation via FB, I actually have no clue how (if) you can open another app or ask a player to install some other app. You would have to dig through FB's documentation and push notification features if that is possible at all.

Do you have an example of an app which is doing it this way already?