Search Unity

CRC mismatch despite having identical configurations for Client and Server

Discussion in 'Multiplayer' started by TFlippy, Nov 30, 2015.

1. TFlippy

TFlippy

I'm trying to write my own network manager with separate client and server gameobjects, but connecting with a client to the server results in "UNet Client Disconnect Error: CRCMismatch", despite the client and server configuration being the same.

Configuring the NetworkServer on the client fixed this when running inside the editor, but not in the build. Also, it's odd why would I need to do that on a client.

Here's the code for NWServer.cs and NWClient.cs. I'm using version 5.2.3f1.

2. seanr

seanr

Unity Technologies

does it happen if you dont use ConnectWithSimulator ?

3. TFlippy

TFlippy

Yes, I tried Connect() and ConnectWithSimulator(), ended up with CRCMismatch in both cases.

4. Zullar

Zullar

Are you using AddComponent<NetworkBehaviour script> during runtime? I've found this can create mismatch errors.

5. TFlippy

TFlippy

It doesn't use NetworkBehaviour at all, as it's only clientside or serverside. I'm using only NetworkServer and NetworkClient + Network Messages for communication.

Edit: Turns out that not configuring the client / server doesn't give me an error. But what could differ in them?

Last edited: Dec 2, 2015
  6. Lofar42

Lofar42

@TFlippy Were you able to find a way to use a custom configuration without getting the mismatch error? I'm having a similar issue.

7. TFlippy

TFlippy

Not really, I was forced to use the default one.