Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

CrazyTap and Hex Nav

Discussion in 'Made With Unity' started by boothj1985, Aug 28, 2015.

1. boothj1985

boothj1985

2. JamesLeeNZ

JamesLeeNZ

really? two links? you need to look at the rules and learn how to do this properly

3. boothj1985

boothj1985

"Show your finished Unity work" is all I saw. If it's that important I'd think they'd make them a little more conspicuous.

4. ANTMAN0079

ANTMAN0079

Maybe you need to learn how to read English properly...? You start at the beginning of a sentence (which should always start with a capital letter) and follow the words from left to right until you reach punctuation. If another sentence continues from there then you should proceed to read that one as well. After at least 3 full sentences you will have read an entire paragraph.

What you have done is known as "Selective" reading, which is the process of only reading what you wanted to read. And thus you have not followed the rules and have not properly created a thread.

5. boothj1985

boothj1985

Like this? http://forum.unity3d.com/threads/nyc-unity-programmer-needed-for-space-shooter-project.186351/ and your other threads?

6. cuttlefish-creations

cuttlefish-creations

(For Crazytap) If I can give some tips. Just a few things can make the playfield a bit more apealing. First of all, you could choose a skybox for camera background, you can also but some smoke under the flour and even have them interact with the balls when they drop down. Put a texture (ground or grass or stones, you name it) and ut liek some cartoonish trees in the furthest 2 corners and some bushes in the closest 2. Also give the balls a texture, you can find some examples for free online I'm sure). And let your imaginations play. Even if it's just a test build, that invites more players to play. :)

7. ANTMAN0079

ANTMAN0079

What I did with those threads was edit them to eliminate information that was no longer relevant and for legal reasons. However, I can assure you, my posts contained full sentences and paragraphs made with proper English grammar.

8. boothj1985

boothj1985

I originally wanted it to be a phone game but some technicality, I can't remember at the moment, prevented me from that so I cut it short where it was functional at least. When I found sites to share my work I uploaded it first to test the site but now that you mention it, I could spruce it up a bit, though my ideas will probably be unorthodox.

9. boothj1985

boothj1985

Shouldn't you remove them at this point then? I'm obviously not a stickler for rules but seeing as you want to hold someone to "high standards" in this regard, I think you should begin with yourself.

10. JamesLeeNZ

JamesLeeNZ

lol... tbh, its up to you (to a degree - a mod might come along and lock you down depending on their mood)... if you want people to look at your stuff, provide more than a couple links. Some inquisitive types might just blindly click on your links, but a lot of people wont. Take it as you will. Still, read the rules thread. You'll get further.

11. boothj1985

boothj1985

Alright with that aside does anyone have any thoughts on the games them self? Mind you, they are FREE and even though I know my taste isn't the exact same as anyone else's, I think it's noteworthy that I've played HTM NAV well over a thousand times and STILL enjoy it to this day even though ALL of my Xbox 360 games lost their replay value LONG ago despite having more advanced graphics and WAY higher price tags. Also, my former Hex mini games which are still available on some sites (just google Hex The Meerkat), have been played over 100,000 times and received good ratings on one of the sites that allowed thumbs up or down votes.

12. c-Row

c-Row

Not posting images nor even a short description of what to expect here won't get many people to check out your work - I know I didn't. Why should they invest more time and effort than you did?

13. boothj1985

boothj1985

14. boothj1985

boothj1985

Ok so yall went through the trouble of seeing that I get my post in order and up to standard so now that I've done that no one has anything to say? Whatever.

15. c-Row

c-Row

I didn't quite understand why the graphic style changed during the last few seconds of the video but otherwise it looks quite advanced from a gameplay perspective. I did not see any hexes, though, so how does the name tie in?

16. boothj1985

boothj1985

I was just messing around with that effect at the end assuming most would not think it's part of the game itself but perhaps I should make a annotation at that part? Hex is just a name that I came up with as a child when I didn't know the meaning and felt it had a nice "ring" to it. I could say the powerball move is a sort of hex, such that the enemies encountered are sucked into a vortex by a very fast acting, depleting, collapsing-into-a-singularity, curse. Or I could say Hex is cursed for having an insatiable desire to explore and achieve high scores though I don't want to imply that the player is somehow wrong for playing.

17. boothj1985

boothj1985