Search Unity

Crash error c2-12828-1

Discussion in 'PSM' started by nia1701, Aug 2, 2014.

1. nia1701

nia1701

No error in console log. I feel like I've tried everything from deleting scripts to removing scenes and the game will randomly crash with this error. This exact same code works perfect on android phones with only 512 ram and iPhone 3GS. Any ideas to help me debug?

Thank you!

2. jesusluvsyooh

jesusluvsyooh

Ah so many things it could be…

I googled searched the error code and theres hundreds of posts regarding it, many others are having the problem. You should check out some of the google posts ;)

3. nia1701

nia1701

Oh yea, I've tried hunting google and the even the unity troubleshooting psn page. Unfortunately there is no help since the error doesn't have a specific meaning. One person seemed to have an issue with a huge switch statement being the cause. I don't have any huge switch statements, but my only thought was that maybe large scripts in general or too many scripts can be a problem.

I just don't know. I've tried removing scripts and eventually it will work, but there is no one script that is causing the issue. If only there was more information beyond the debug log. I submitted a bug report but not sure it's even a bug or just a limitation. Thanks!

4. PeterD

PeterD

Do you have access to the profiler? If so you can try running against that. I suspect that your issue isn't so much with the scripts as with the amount of resources that you are loading and dynamically creating. Unlike Android the vita will simply nuke out when it finally runs out of memory and resource space. This seems to be a failsafe feature of the Vita operating system. A harsher version of the apple or android app kill.

5. nia1701

nia1701

Unfortunately I do not have access to the profiler. I would imagine it is not a resources problem though. For instance, one of the scenes that crashes (the main menu) only has 14 megs of textures loaded and a music file playing that is marked stream from disc. It crashes with or without the music file. I get that info from a script that tells me how all the materials and their size that are loaded during runtime in the editor when I hit play.

6. eriQue

eriQue

Unity Technologies

The best way to handle c2-12828-1 :
    1. Try to create the smallest possible project/scene that can reliably reproduce the error.
    2. Submit a bug report through the Unity Editor, and attach the project.
    3. When the c2-12828-1 occurs on the device - submit the bug report from the device.
      When asked if you want to add any extra information - add the case number given in step 2 (from the confirmation email).
    This way we have pretty much all the information possible, and the best setup to fix the bug.

7. nia1701

nia1701

Bug submitted on Desktop and Vita. Bug case #624401 ... hope it helps!