Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Crash Bandicoot for PC

Discussion in 'Made With Unity' started by Deleted User, Apr 25, 2015.

1. Deleted User

Deleted User

Hi my name is Jordan Bruno i´m still making the game Crash Bandicoot for PC Platform! you can keep following the game on Gamejolt and Itch.io that I post the Updates for Files and Development Updates. Also the game is downloadable and playable with 4 Levels showing the Game it self. I will leave below the link for my Profile, The Game and the original game ost.
    Check out the links and below them have some screenshots.

This is a fan-game and all the rights belong to Naughty Dog and Activision.

My profile : http://gamejolt.com/profile/jordan-bruno/597106/

The Game profile : http://gamejolt.com/games/platformer/crash-bandicoot-for-pc/61938/

The Second Game Profile : http://gamejolt.com/games/arcade/crash-bandicoot-for-pc/59444/

Itch.io Profile : http://giordanox15.itch.io/crash-for-pc

Screenshots:

118322.jpg 118325.jpg 118328.jpg 118329.jpg 118331.jpg

2. raiden

raiden

So shouldn't you not be copying their work? I wouldn't consider reproducing this game, and then making it available.

-Raiden

theANMATOR2b likes this.
  3. zenGarden

zenGarden

If it is not for sale, i don't think it's a problem, there is already some remakes :

Is this Unity 5 ? It looks very poor lightening and shadows and it is no global illumination.

4. hippocoder

hippocoder

Digital Ape

I'll be deleting nagging people after this point - I think everyone's aware of three things:

1. fan games can and will be taken down - it's unpredictable
    2. if the author knows this and accepts this, then that's the author's business
    3. Unity doesn't endorse these games, bla bla.

5. zenGarden

zenGarden

Are your words adressed to me without even clearly responding to me directly ?

We all know it's people just toying with 3D engines and trying to make some remake, it always existed and you can't stop them creating any existing game or even using ripped assets.

If you want to point out all people using existing game and making some remake or alternative , there is few Mario games where you should go and say the same statements :rolleyes:
    http://forum.unity3d.com/threads/super-mario-bros-in-first-person-free-download-mac-and-pc.209995/

The only problem is the author distributing the game as downloadable. And it's Naugghty Dog problem mainly, not Unity problem.

6. N1warhead

N1warhead

I'm very sure he's directing towards you, if whoever made the Crash games finds out, even if it's for your own personal use, they will shut you down or sue you or both.

I mean I completely understand where you are coming from trying to make one for reasons such as
    [ We know how the game play is, we know exactly what to put, the storyline is generally the same, etc ] so it comes to making a fun remake of one of your favorite games. But the creators of the Crash games won't care.
    That's why if you're going to remake something, just keep it directed towards you and your very close friends/family just to show them without publicizing it over the Internet.

(We are just trying to make sure you don't get in any legal trouble, not flaming you or anything).
    [ I am not a lawyer ] - Just some solid advice from a dev to a dev.

7. zenGarden

zenGarden

Anyway i let those people discuss between them, sometimes you could want just to help interfering in some fight and you become the person that gets all problems o_O
    So i let anyone debate on people using ripped assets or making games copy, it's not my problem as i'm not making such games.

I just find strange seeing that this game is pointed out by Hippocoder and having him pointing me out as im' not involved in this game showcase ?
    And why all Mario games using Unity are not pointed o_O ?
    Hummm ... he just don't like people using also other engines like UE4 i think , it's a better reason to become so agressive against someone just making a comment in this copy game showcase.

It's just a comment i made here , wake up.

8. ANTMAN0079

ANTMAN0079

"(We are just trying to make sure you don't get in any legal trouble..."

I'm not. I'm hoping that developers who do this actually get introduced to the legal system first hand. It's always a fun read what a lawyer will send you, me myself being involved in some legal work involving videogames.

9. Mariokid61

Mariokid61

Hi my names is Alex Perez and I was wondering can anyone tell me how to make a fan made Crash Bandicoot 3 warped title screen please?

10. JackSkuz100

JackSkuz100

Where are the assets?