Search Unity

Countryball Adventures just rolled into the Playstore!

Discussion in 'Made With Unity' started by Daniiii, Mar 23, 2015.

1. Daniiii

Daniiii

Hey guys!

I just released my game Countryball Adventures on the Playstore!
    Here is a short gameplay trailer

The gameplay is unique on the Playstore, I guess you could compare it to Kirby and the Rainbow Curse.
    You draw a line to move the ball around the level, collect gems and you have to defeat various enemies to score as many points as possible! But be careful, you must not run out of ink and time!

In addition to the main level there is also an exciting skijumping level and a fun parkour level! Google Play Leaderboards and achievements are available for all three levels.

It's my first game, and I have to say it's exciting to finally release it^^

Hope you guys like it!

2. ivyroxy

ivyroxy

This is funny! Congrats on your first release!
    I would suggest making the ramps a different art style.
    Make it blend in with the background :) even though rainbows are cool, I'd still go with a landscape made out of real stuff ;)

theANMATOR2b likes this.
  3. Cherno

Cherno

I love the Polandball/Countryball comics. You game looks good but I would have liked more of a connection the the comic's theme instead of just having the countryballs as avatars. From reading the description and looking at the pictures, I would think that the Countryball theme has just been applied to garner interest without having any substantial connection. Honest opinion :)

4. Daniiii

Daniiii

Thanks,

Yes that's kind of right Cherno, while creating the characters I thought that the countryballs have the ideal form (as they are spherical) and so I decided to go with them as the main characters.

I think that doing some little comics or conversations, like in the comics, wouldn't fit my game idea.
    I just thought they were cool characters for my game :)

And ivyroxy, what excactly do you mean by ramps?

Last edited: Mar 23, 2015
  5. Cherno

Cherno

I give you bonus points for not making the country balls perfect circles as per the country ball drawing rules :)

6. ivyroxy

ivyroxy

I just meant like the platforms, something that would meld in with the background. Something like this:

7. Daniiii

Daniiii

Oh yes you're right. The platforms in my game don't really serve a purpose, just as a filler so the level isn't too empty, so I didn't really adjust them to the level theme.

But I will look into making some more fitting ones if I find the time to do it!

8. ivyroxy

ivyroxy

Great, can't wait for it! Keep us updated! :D

9. Daniiii

Daniiii

A thing I was kind of surprised by was, that there is still a good number of devices used that don't support sprites larger than 1024x1024. E.g. the Nexus 7

I had to split my initial level backgrounds up into little parts (some of these backgrounds were really large).

But now everybody should be able to play the game without having issues with seeing sprites :D

10. ivyroxy

ivyroxy

Well you could set them right behind the level and have a script move it slower to simulate distance :)