Search Unity

converting animation legacy script into mecanim one

Discussion in 'Community Learning & Teaching' started by blackbird, Apr 17, 2014.

1. blackbird

blackbird

does any body have an idea how to convert or re-write the player controller (legacy animation script) to mecanim system , any help would be great i will be glad if there is a tutorial

thank you in advance

2. aormsby

aormsby

Hi blackbird! I actually have a great tutorial on my website The MecWarriors that tells you exactly how to modify the third person controller script to use it with Mecanim. This was one of the first tutorials we wrote since we ran into the exact same problem when Unity 4 was first released. Here's a link for you: http://mecwarriors.com/2013/10/28/humanoid-animation-free-motion-part-2-modifying-the-third-person-controller/

Hope this works for you. If you have any specific questions please don't hesitate to ask. I'd love to help out!

Adam

3. blackbird

blackbird

thank you very much i will look to it and i keep with you in touch thank you very much you are the best

4. Parallaxe

Parallaxe

Hi aormsby

I just found this thread by chance and had a look at your tutorial. Unbelievable, but thanks to your tutorial I finally was able to understand mecanim and how to migrate my legacy animations to mecanim. Thank you so much, aormsby, your tutorial is fantastic (-:

5. aormsby

aormsby

Oh hey, thanks I really appreciate the feedback. If you ever have any questions about Mecanim just let me know. :)

6. zero_null

zero_null

I want to convert generic rig into humanoid. The Rig is indeed humanoid, It get configured properly but the animations are not playing properly. What could be wrong?