Search Unity

[CONTEST] Win a free Voucher for Gravity Twist Controller

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by sr388, Dec 27, 2015.

1. sr388

sr388

Gravit Twist Controller Contest

Available in the Asset Store

Asset forum thread
    2(mas pequeña).png
    Hi everyone.
    I want to make a contest to celebrate Christmas, with a free voucher of Gravity Twist Controller. I posted this contest in the thread of the asset, but I think that is better to make a single forum just for this. These are the rules:
    • Anyone can participate.
    • The contest would consist in tell in this thread what type of game would you do with this asset, in a couple of lines.
    • If you have already the asset, you can also tell how have you used it.
    • The best idea will get a free voucher and people will vote every idea.
    • The minimum of people to participate is 5.
    • Every person can post any number of ideas, while these are different.
    • The constest starts right now and will finish in a month (January 27).

This is an example of what could you post:
    "I would make a game in third person controlling a pilot on ground and a mecha, which can fly and use the gravity control in air and in the space. The game will be in a spatial station, fighting with other mechas and robots, to take control of a planet with valuable resources, fighting also in it."

If this contest is not possible due to the rules of this forum or Unity, or if the thread is not in the corret forum, please tell me.

Regards and happy Christmas.

Last edited: Jan 10, 2016
  2. Renokun

Renokun

Hello! Thanks for making such an interesting looking kit!

Whether this game idea is feasible or not, I am planning to test it out as I have great fun experimenting. I would use the gravity system to have a sort of zero-g style fps where magnetic boots help give unpredictability to the encounters. Will they be on the ground? On the ceiling? Running at you along the wall? Instead of powers, the players would have weapons that offer the same gravity effects, such as a gravity well grenade or a repulsion explosion. I would love to add some form of construction element, similar to Rust though not so thorough, so players can set up makeshift fortifications. The nice part of the theme is, the gravity boots type gimmick could apply to any environment.

Cheers!

Muroh likes this.
  3. Steel-Grin

Steel-Grin

Hi,

I would absolutely love this asset and have been considering it for a while!

I'm creating an action adventure platformer in the vein of Ratchet and Clank and Jak and Daxter and this sort of system would fit in perfectly. I have a lot of interesting environments where adding in the ability to walk on walls and ceilings would be amazing.

I also have a really interesting weapon and combat system that would benefit from this greatly!

Thanks

4. sr388

sr388

Hi Steel Grin, sounds cool, now that you mention it, I am working in other feature for the asset, a system to assign every power to a key number in a similar way to Ratchet and clank. Here a capture:
    Sin título.png

Steel-Grin likes this.
  5. Steel-Grin

Steel-Grin

That looks great! Genuinely would love to grab this asset. It looks like it'd work perfectly with what I want to do :)

Hopefully this contest works out in my favour! haha

6. Eyehawk

Eyehawk

Having watched the video, I think this is an amazing asset.

I'm wrapping up a game at the moment, but would love to consider using this as a core for my next one.

I have had an idea for a long time now where you are based on a planet and need to get enough resources to fly to the next one, and eventually make your way back home again. The solar system would be procedural so you would need to be smart to survive and escape.

7. sr388

sr388

Hi everyone, I have added a new rule, which it should have been from the beginning, but I forgot to add it. Is this:
    • Every person can post any number of ideas, while these are different.
    So you can post as many ideas as you want.

It sounds similar to No man's sky, but in a smaller scale (maybe?), which could be good to concentrate in every planet and make different stories and enviroments in everyone. It could be very cool.

Anyways, lets see if more people are encouraged to participate. There is plenty of time.

Regards.

8. sr388

sr388

Hi, I just wanted to remember to people that the contest ends today, so if you didn't post your idea yet, you still having time to do it. It can't be more easy to participate in the contest.

Regards.

9. Muroh

Muroh

Greetings all.

I figure I'll participate in this contest as well! (Thanks for the heads up about it, sr388 :) )

I am thinking of attempting to make an environmental exploration/puzzle game. My first computer game was Myst, followed by Riven, which left a mark on my most enjoyed games. I think this kit would lend well to story based game that involves exploring an expansive environment, looking for items needed to progress to new areas, power machines or change the zone. Clearly, it would need to be sort of sci-fi in theme, to explain for the ability to walk on walls or ceilings, so I would maybe draw inspiration from classic games such as Oni, Dark Forces: Jedi Knight, etc.

Good luck everyone!

10. sr388

sr388

Hi Muroh, that sounds very cool.I am always thinking different types of puzzles, specially those which uses physics, to keep playing, also getting new objects or powers to unlock new zones, similar to metroid. And of course, if the game happens in a space station (or ship), a research center or an isolated island, it is always better haha.

Muroh likes this.
  11. Muroh

Muroh

Yeah, I was thinking the same. Some of the later Myst games used gravity to influence puzzle solutions, so I thought it would be a good use. Lasers would also be a great feature as some puzzles could use light reflection to solve it. All this and I could totally see playing an M.C. Escher style level in this kit.

sr388 likes this.
  12. John-Lisenby

John-Lisenby

Neat asset. I would make a game puzzle game with Alan Wake, Portal, and Tomb Raider elements. But, there could be so many different type of games.

13. sr388

sr388

Hell yeah, while I developed the controller, I created some lasers puzzles, using color combination, in this video you can see that puzzle. It starts in the minute 6:35

Also, now that you mention, I don't know how I haven't thought before to create a level using a Escher style. I will make some similar to this capture, just for fun and to add it to the asset:
    001761_3_Escher_Relativity.jpg

Muroh likes this.
  14. Muroh

Muroh

Oh yeah, I saw that movie. It's one of the things that made me interested and showed me how it could be used for puzzle games/environment manipulation.

15. sr388

sr388

I am glad to hear that.

That sounds like a weird combination of games a priori, but after thinking in that, it could be very interesting.

Well the contest has finished, with less participation that I expected, but it is ok. Due to that I don't know if someone will vote any idea. So I think that if in a couple of days nobody vote, I will choose directly the best idea. Anyway, participants can tell their opinion.

Regards.

16. Muroh

Muroh

The other idea I had thought of was the anime/mecha themed game, inspired a lot by Shogo and Oni, where you can be both in a mecha or on foot. The gravity would lend well to space encounters a lot like you could see in various sci-fi anime or even small fighter spaceships during combat. But my heart is still leaning more to a puzzle/environmental game.

jonfinlay likes this.
  17. sr388

sr388

Good news, everyone (yes, I like futurama):

After thinking about every idea, I have decided finally the winner, and it is:

But I think that there is another idea that it would work very good also and it is:

So, congratulations Muroh and Renokun, your ideas are the kind of game that I always would like to play. Send me a message to confirm it, and I will send you the voucher. Hope you like the asset and (maybe) make a game with it haha.

Regards to everyone and thanks for participate.

18. Muroh

Muroh

Oh, wow. Awesome. Thank you! I promise I will try to make you proud! :)