Search Unity

Conquest - Space Sim Prototype

Discussion in 'Works In Progress - Archive' started by JamesPro, Aug 20, 2012.

1. JamesPro

JamesPro

This is a little Prototype I am working on for a Space themed game. It's a Prototype of the Battle System for a larger game. Not really sure what I will do with it from here...

The represents 1 days worth of work!

Weapon Types:
    Straight Firing Missiles
    Guided Missiles - Not currently in the webplayer Build.

Web Player - http://www.riseofheroesmmo.com/conquest/index.html

Controls:
    Arrows - Move ship
    Alpha 1 - Target closest Ship
    Alpha 2 - Set Left Weapon Mount to closest Ship - Not added yet
    Alpha 3 - Set Right Weapon Mount to closest Ship - Not added yet
    Left mouse button - Fire weapons
    Right mouse button - Fire Special Weapons (Guided Missles) - Not yet in Webplayer Build.

Please let me know what you think of it and if it's worth continuing or not!

A little test of my shields

Planned Features

- Modular Weapon Mount System - Particle Based weapon mounts, Projectile Based Weapon Mounts, Guided Ammo Mounts

- Upgradable Ship Systems
    Possible System Upgrades
    shields
    targeting subsystem - Adds ability to multi-target (Target different ships with different weapon mounts)

- Multiple Ammo types with different trail colors, varying ranges, and different explosive yield (Damage done). Damage is equal to the missile's RigidBody mass.

- ability to set what ammo is fired from each mount based on the possible ammo for that mount (Think EVE Online)

Last edited: Aug 21, 2012
  2. blacknirvana

blacknirvana

Not bad, but I didn't really like the auto-aim thingy, felt a bit like I just had to fly around and click the mouse like crazy. Good job for one day though

3. JamesPro

JamesPro

Thanks for your input...

You do have the ability to target the closest ship using the Alpha 1 key... I added in the auto targeting because the way I have it setup if there is no target it causes errors if you try to fire. This way if there is no target it just targets for you resulting in no errors.

4. JamesPro

JamesPro

New Web Build uploaded!

This web build features some new features:
    -Shields will now go offline after so many hits - So yes you CAN die again!
    - the start of a Multiplayer Framework is implemented using Player.IO! You will need to register by putting your desired username, Password, and email address in and then press register. After you have registered you will ONLY need your username and Password then press Login! Right now Multiplayer is limited to just logging in.

5. JamesPro

JamesPro

New Web Build is now online as well as a new Server Version.

Features:
    -Full multiplayer support
    -Networked synced player movement

Game Features:
    - None - All enemy AI was disabled and player weapons still need to be synced... Most of the systems are waiting for a redesign to support multiplayer

Bugs:
    - Name Tags show up backwards

6. JamesPro

JamesPro

7. JamesPro

JamesPro

In the latest Web build there was an issue with it not taking you to the game after registering... That is being fixed now. If you restart the game and login with your created account it will take you to the game.

8. JamesPro

JamesPro

It still needs a little bit of work but I almost have combat completely networked. I'll soon be ready to release it and start getting some PvP battles going in order to test it!

9. JamesPro

JamesPro

Ok uploading yet another web build. This time a preview of the initial combat is in place and the bug with it not taking you to the game after registering is fixed. Combat is still a little buggy and when you kill some one their ship will explode on their client but not on all the remote clients. On remote clients the destroyed ship just goes flying into space above the y level of all the other players.