Search Unity

Confirmation e-mail for forum registration

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by andeeeee, Oct 27, 2010.

1. andeeeee

andeeeee

We are experiencing a problem with a small number of the activation e-mails for forum registration (ie, you register and get told to wait for an e-mail to confirm your account, but then it never arrives). We hope to have this fixed soon. Meanwhile, if you seem to be waiting rather a long time for the e-mail then please send me a PM and I will set you up as a registered user manually. If there is any problem sending the PM, then please contact support@unity3d.com and they will send me your details.

2. andeeeee

andeeeee

Welcome to the forum, johanwhite!

I'm glad your registration went smoothly. Please do feel free to contact me if you ever have a problem with the forum.

3. shawn

shawn

Unity Technologies

Seems this issue has raised it's ugly head again. We're looking into it.

4. Strange Quirk

Strange Quirk

Just want to say that I too had this issue. I fixed it by switching my email to a dummy email and then back again, and I got confirmation emails both times. I'd just like to mention that, even if you do fix it, a prominent "Resend confirmation email" button would be welcome and would avoid future bugs.

Thanks guys.

5. bigkahuna

bigkahuna

A number of us have been having issues with all types of email notifications (thread subscription notifications, PM notifications, etc.) for weeks now. I typically receive notifications for a few days, then go another few days that I don't receive them, then the cycle repeats itself. In my case, this has been happening for months now. The cycle seems to vary from 4 to 6 days between them. Really weird, it's like the notification monkeys go on a bender every 4 days, call in sick for another 4 days, then sober up and decide it's time to check in again. Probably time to fire the notifcation monkeys and subcontract the work to some prison labor camp in Mongolia. I hear they are much more dependable. ;)

6. The Executor

The Executor

My confirmation email came late, It didn't never come. I think there might be something wrong with the server, which is either slowing the verification process down or never sending the email at all.

7. frabill

frabill

My confirmation email came right away, no problems :)

8. Lola H

Lola H

I"m having a problem sending a license request, any ideas?