Search Unity

concave collider

Discussion in 'PSM' started by unitynewb, Sep 3, 2014.

1. unitynewb

unitynewb

Are there any plans on getting concave colliders working on the PSM? I haven't kept up with all the new fixes.

2. eriQue

eriQue

Unity Technologies

We just recently found and fixed a problem with capsule colliders, but I'm not sure if that would also affect concave colliders.
    Do you have a case # for a bug I can check out?
    Thanks,

3. jesusluvsyooh

jesusluvsyooh

Oh nice, ,any estimated date for the capsule/character controller collider fix?
    I'm just about to release an update to a game and would hate it if the fix came out a day or so after i submitted it >_<

4. unitynewb

unitynewb

Sorry I do not, I didn't realize I can submit a bug request for the PSM build of Unity, I thought it was just a Sony plugin. Any estimated date for the capsule/character controller collider fix like jesusluvsyooh asked? I think it may fix it also. The problem with concave colliders right now is they just do not work, if you make any awkward shape and add a concave collider it wont actually wrap around the mesh.

5. eriQue

eriQue

Unity Technologies

Yes, you can submit bug reports for the PSM build (and you're even encouraged to do so ;)

Release date for the next bug fix release is probably some time next month. No guarantees though.

I would still need a repro project to be able to confirm that it's actually fixed.

6. sakus

sakus

Any news about the fix? I just brought my project over to PSM and noticed a lot of my capsule (seems like some sphere too?) colliders don't work. Alternatively, any trick to work around it as some are still working?

7. jesusluvsyooh

jesusluvsyooh

Box colliders work most of the time, I've had to switch out my capsules and spheres with boxes until a fix is released, hopefully soon, my latest game really cannot use box colliders as a quick fix

8. eriQue

eriQue

Unity Technologies

While we have a few fixes to the colliders added in the next update, it's impossible for me to know for sure that this particular bug is actually resolved, since no bug has been filed (and no repro project as been provided).

9. sakus

sakus

Sorry, figured it was a generic known thing - I'll see about filing a report tomorrow, I'll probably have to try and make a smaller project with the problem though as the actual project is a few gigs altogether..

jesusluvsyooh likes this.
  10. sakus

sakus

OK I made a stripped down version of the project and submitted a bug, case #642476

Edit: received confirmation that my problem is the one fixed by the next patch.

Last edited: Oct 28, 2014
    jesusluvsyooh likes this.