Search Unity

Concave Collider - Generate compound colliders with one click! [RELEASED]

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by UGTools, Oct 10, 2012.

1. victor-biosphera

victor-biosphera

hi @UGTools, thanks for your effort to provide a good support,
    i just purchase your package, (im using unity5 pro on windows 7) and it just have the ropeEditor files,
    it dont have the other files, and the concavecollider wasnt loading from component menu.

i dont know if i did something wrong, or if its a bug in unity or in your package...
    can you help me please?

Last edited: Apr 9, 2015
  2. UGTools

UGTools

Hi guys! the Unity 5 compatible version is ready! With full 64 bit support.
    It was approved some days ago. Sorry for the delay :)

3. EJSainz

EJSainz

¡Great! I *just* purchased the Concave Collider today, and got the same problem as Victor did.

When will the Unity5 version be actually available for download? Thanks!

4. victor-biosphera

victor-biosphera

I think you send the wrong package to concave coolider,
    maybe you sent Ultimate Rope Editor...

5. EJSainz

EJSainz

Hmmm... I have re-read your post, @UGTools, and I think there might be some problem.

I purchased your asset today at 10:14, 30 minutes right after your post. I downloaded the version 1.20 (Apr 06, 2015) . Is that the version of the software you are talking about? Is that the version that is compatible with Unity 5 and has 64 bit support?

I've tried to download and import this version twice, and I kept getting upgrade errors. Moreover, like @victor.biosphera said, after everything is imported I only get some Rope Editor files.

Please let me remark that I purchased the asset today, and that current version is 1.20 (Apr 06, 2015).

Please have a look at this, thank you in advance.

6. UGTools

UGTools

Hi guys, I have sent an e-mail to support. I don't know what exactly is happening but I can clearly see that the package contents include the concave collider files. Also the new plugins\x86_64 folder with our 64bit dll is there.
    It may be an asset store bug but anyway you are getting a new cool asset for free and hopefully the actual concave collider gets linked in the asset store ASAP :)

7. EJSainz

EJSainz

This is what is happening to me. When importing, this is the package content:

Importing.jpg

After clicking import, it asks for upgrade:

Upgrading.jpg

After pressing Go Ahead, it takes one or two minutes, and then:
    Errors.JPG

Hope this helps.

8. victor-biosphera

victor-biosphera

@UGTools , any chance that you can send the package files for us via e-mail?
    mine is victor@biosphera.com.br, and i can send the invoice from asset store for you.

9. cyberkada

cyberkada

Attached Files:

10. EJSainz

EJSainz

¡Yes, please!
    EDIT: ejsainz at gmail dot com .

11. UGTools

UGTools

Hi guys, I'm talking to support and hopefully this will be fixed ASAP.
    Send me your invoice# to info@ultimategametools.com and I'll give you a working link through e-mail :)

12. EJSainz

EJSainz

13. UGTools

UGTools

OK! you should have a working link in ~6 hours :)

14. EJSainz

EJSainz

Great! I'm just looking forward to it :-D .

15. EJSainz

EJSainz

Ok! I've got my copy of the asset and I'll be putting it to some good use tomorrow.

But, just in case, I found that you need to install de VC++ 2013 x86 Redistributables in Windows 8.1 for the it to work - otherwise you'll get a "DLL not found" error. Drove me crazy until Google pointed out it wasn't the actual DLL, but a DLL it depended on.

Thanks again!

16. victor-biosphera

victor-biosphera

Hi @EJSainz and @UGTools

I just download the package, but im still unable to use it,

i alreadt install this both "VC++ 2013 x86 Redistributables" :
    vcredist_x64.exe and vcredist_x86.exe

Im using unity 5 in windows 7 and when i try to compute the hulls"" i received this error:

DllNotFoundException: Assets/Plugins/ConvexDecompositionDll.dll
    ConcaveCollider.ComputeHulls (.LogDelegate log, .ProgressDelegate progress) (at Assets/Ultimate Game Tools/ConcaveCollider/Scripts/ConcaveCollider.cs:170)
    ConcaveColliderEditor.OnInspectorGUI () (at Assets/Ultimate Game Tools/ConcaveCollider/Editor/ConcaveColliderEditor.cs:140)
    UnityEditor.InspectorWindow.DrawEditor (UnityEditor.Editor editor, Int32 editorIndex, Boolean forceDirty, System.Boolean& showImportedObjectBarNext, UnityEngine.Rect& importedObjectBarRect, Boolean eyeDropperDirty) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/Inspector/InspectorWindow.cs:1150)
    UnityEditor.DockArea:OnGUI()

17. UGTools

UGTools

Hm, I think I can link this statically so that it will not depend on the dlls. Thanks for pointing it out!

18. jimhug

jimhug

I was excited to see the support for Unity 5 and 64 bit builds. Unfortunately, this didn't work for me with the version I just downloaded. The error is similar to the one that victor reported, but before the DllNotFoundException, I'm getting this error:

Failed to load 'Assets/Plugins/ConvexDecompositionDll.dll', expected 64 bit architecture (IMAGE_FILE_MACHINE_AMD64), but was IMAGE_FILE_MACHINE_I386.
    ConcaveColliderEditor:OnInspectorGUI() (at Assets/Ultimate Game Tools/ConcaveCollider/Editor/ConcaveColliderEditor.cs:169)
    ConcaveColliderEditor:OnInspectorGUI() (at Assets/Ultimate Game Tools/ConcaveCollider/Editor/ConcaveColliderEditor.cs:140)
    UnityEditor.DockArea:OnGUI()​

The dll is in the expected location and it is marked with both the x86 and x86_x64 options checked.

Any thoughts on what's going wrong?

19. UGTools

UGTools

Hi JimHug,

It seems the previous version wasn't properly uninstalled. You shouldn't have a .dll inside the root plugins folder anymore. Delete that one and keep the ones under /x86 and /x86_64 :)

20. victor-biosphera

victor-biosphera

Same error for me:

Failed to load 'Assets/Plugins/ConvexDecompositionDll.dll', expected 64 bit architecture (IMAGE_FILE_MACHINE_AMD64), but was IMAGE_FILE_MACHINE_I386.
    ConcaveCollider:ComputeHulls(LogDelegate, ProgressDelegate) (at Assets/Ultimate Game Tools/ConcaveCollider/Scripts/ConcaveCollider.cs:438)
    ConcaveCollider:ComputeHulls(LogDelegate, ProgressDelegate) (at Assets/Ultimate Game Tools/ConcaveCollider/Scripts/ConcaveCollider.cs:170)
    ConcaveColliderEditor:OnInspectorGUI() (at Assets/Ultimate Game Tools/ConcaveCollider/Editor/ConcaveColliderEditor.cs:140)
    UnityEditor.DockArea:OnGUI()

but i didnt find these folders:
    /x86 and /x86_64

Last edited: Apr 15, 2015
  21. UGTools

UGTools

Hey Victor,

I will make a .dll for you that includes all VC runtimes statically. If there is a VC runtime dependency problem that should fix it and I'll probably upload that version to the asset store as well.

22. jimhug

jimhug

I think that there's still an issue with the version you have uploaded to the asset store. I just created a brand new empty project in Unity 5 x64, when to the asset store window, redownloaded the ConcaveCollider asset, and when I go to install, this is what I see for the plugin directory:

ConvexCollider.JPG

The release notes for this version in my asset store window show:
    [NEW] Full Unity 5 support by adding 64 bit compatibility to Windows & Mac.

I'm I missing something?

Thanks for your help - Jim

23. jimhug

jimhug

I hate to reply to my own posts, but...

I just installed the latest 5.0.1f1 version of Unity. Once I did this I had the option to "Upgrade" the ConcaveCollider asset. After the upgrade I see the correct dlls and, more importantly, I can successfully "compute hulls". Either this is a coincidence and the updated version just showed up, or there was a problem with the new version not showing up for older versions of Unity before 5.0.1.

Anyway, the problem is now solved for me and I look forward to breaking down some of my nasty concave models into nice physics friendly convex pieces.

24. UGTools

UGTools

Hey Jim,

That could make sense. I may have uploaded the asset with v5.0.1 instead of 5.0. The asset store checks the version you uploaded it with to know if it is compatible or not.

25. hiepsi462353

hiepsi462353

Fixed Error DLL not found
    1. Copy ConvexDecompositionDll.dll to x86 and x86_64 folder (Plugin\x86 and Plugin\x86_64)
    2. Delete ConvexDecompositionDll.dll in Plugin folder
    Done

Kondor0 and Deleted User like this.
  26. UGTools

UGTools

Victor, do you have an e-mail?

27. GBCFraser

GBCFraser

28. Tiberius1701

Tiberius1701

I sent an email to you from the support page, but haven't heard back yet. We have hit the Unity 5.0 non-kinematic concave mesh collider limitation, and it seems like your plugin might solve that problem by replacing the complex concave mesh colliders with a series of convex mesh colliders - am I understanding this correctly? If so, you've got a customer!

cAyouMontreal likes this.
  29. cAyouMontreal

cAyouMontreal

Same here ! Currently on Unity 5 non convex mesh collider won't work with physics. If your tool solves this, I'm in !

30. Zomby138

Zomby138

@UGTools is this asset store thing anywhere near being sorted out? I really want to buy this.

31. UGTools

UGTools

I forgot to reply here. I will upload a fix for this, Meanwhile you can edit line 650 of FracturedObjectEditor.cs:

Change:
    Code (csharp):
    2. if(System.IO.File.Exists("Assets/Plugins/ConvexDecompositionDll.dll") == false)
    to
    Code (csharp):
    2. if(System.IO.File.Exists("Assets/Plugins/x86_64/ConvexDecompositionDll.dll") == false)

32. UGTools

UGTools

I think I already answered your e-mail, but the answer is yes :)

33. UGTools

UGTools

It is! everything's working OK now and it points to the correct version.

34. dizzymediainc

dizzymediainc

I am having the same issue with the dll not working but I am using Unity4, I can only download v1.13 for Unity4.

I tried this, the error doesn't occur but the collider is not made:

Fixed Error DLL not found
    1. Copy ConvexDecompositionDll.dll to x86 and x86_64 folder (Plugin\x86 and Plugin\x86_64)
    2. Delete ConvexDecompositionDll.dll in Plugin folder

Edit: I am also unable to download the latest version (version 1.22) using unity 5.0.1, instead it downloads v1.20. Unity5 version functions fine but I need this for both Unity4 and Unity5, assistance would be appreciated. Thanks.

Last edited: Apr 29, 2015
  35. dizzymediainc

dizzymediainc

Still waiting on a response.

36. UGTools

UGTools

Hi there dizzymediainc!

Sorry for the big delay. I took some days off and have been uncommunicated since wednesday.
    Which version of Unity 4 are you using? Send me an e-mail to info@ultimategametools.com and I'll send you a custom 1.22 version for Unity 4 to check if it fixes your issue.

37. dizzymediainc

dizzymediainc

Emailed you, thanks.

38. UGTools

UGTools

I've sent an updated version to the asset store that should fix the VC 2013 runtime dependency. Should be approved soon!

39. CaptainMurphy

CaptainMurphy

I just purchased this asset this afternoon and ran into the multithread locking issue. If I run multithreaded in the editor my 'Merging' locks up Unity (I let it run for over 2 hours with the CPU pushing 80-90%, I would hope it doesn't take that long). If I enable 'Force No Multithreading' it takes about 2 seconds to make the hulls and works perfectly. Here is the spec on my project/system:
    Unity 5.1.0f1 Pro, i5 3570k, 16GB RAM, 840 SSD, Win 8.1 Prox64

Edited: Is there a Javascript version of the ConcaveCollider.cs script? I have two assets that are still using JS and I need to get the hulls built by script in those and was hoping to do it in JS.
    Nevermind, I just placed the cs script in the plugins folder for now.

Last edited: May 25, 2015
  40. UGTools

UGTools

Hi there!

Can you send me the mesh that gives you problems? I had issues a couple of times and just for safety added the Force No Multithreading option :)

41. l0cke

l0cke

Does this tool allow to save generated collider as fbx, obj, or export it into obj/fbx by some plugin?

42. UGTools

UGTools

No but it can add the collider as a meshfilter as well for rendering, and there are probably tools out there that can export them for you. I didn't check but it wouldn't surprise me :)

43. l0cke

l0cke

There are some tools, I think antares plugin (free) have ability to do mesh export. Can you please check, if this works? If yes, I will instantly buy your plugin :)

44. CaptainMurphy

CaptainMurphy

What you get after running the script is a mesh that is part of a mesh filter. What you do with that mesh is up to you. For my purposes I serialize it and save out as an OBJ format for one of my projects. For my current project I am saving it out as a binary file for building DLC and mods. You can write any script that works with meshes by calling the meshfilter that is output and look for the sharedMesh on it for the actual mesh itself. So far this has been one of the best 'simple' assets I have come across. It does EXACTLY what I need it to do and it does it fast and without any errors.

45. MatthewHarmon

MatthewHarmon

Sorry if I missed this in the above thread, but is there anything preventing this from being run at runtime? We have a game where the player can create (within constraints) an object that may have concavities and we'd like to construct efficient collision volumes for them.

Also important, is this implemented in C# so it can be fully cross-platform, or is it a native .dll?

Thanks much!

46. UGTools

UGTools

Hi Matthew,

It is a native .dll and .bundle for Mac. So it would only run on those platforms if you need to generate colliders at runtime.

47. SPowers4

SPowers4

I have the tool working but I'm having issues with saving the colliders in a prefab. When I try to do so there are no errors but they don't show up when i load the prefab.

The Hull00 game objects are all there as well as the mesh collider for each Hull but the geometry does not show up in the scene view nor do collisions occur.

The Mesh input field does not have an entry as it normally would if I were to generate a convex mesh. This field is also blank when I first generate the colliders.

Edit: I'm running 5.1.1f1. Never tried it in any earlier versions.

Last edited: Jun 19, 2015
  48. mkgame

mkgame

Hello,

probably this asset satisfy my requirements. I have a vehicle for an RTS game, which has at the time a simple box collider on the root node. This collider is quite simple and would have trouble to see smaller particle animations (like rain splash) on the vehicle. But on the other side, if i would use a mesh collider, then i would have trouble with the performance. I would need exactly the feature from the SACollider asset, but it looks like a dead project.

Simply what i need is: Create a strongly simplified mesh collider for the hull and the turret (The colliders shouldn't be in children GameObjects built then by basic shape collider, i want just 2 mesh-kind-collider, one on the turret one on the hull) and get them by the Collider base class, thats all.

Are you supporting a strongly simplified mesh collider? And if yes, how is it done? Do you create one collider for all GameObject or creating new GameObjects to add then the calculated collider? Can i then use the collider by its base class Collider, or am i have to use your collider class?

Thanks for your time in advance!

49. UGTools

UGTools

Hi DrPowers,

Did you activate the "Enable Prefab Usage" option? It should be active before computing the hulls.

50. UGTools

UGTools

Hi mkgame,

Yes, it supports creating very simplified mesh colliders. Also to adapt to very "irregular" topologies (imagine a single object similar to a cross) more than one can be created to progressively adapt more accurately to the object.
    For each gameobject with a mesh, it creates 1 to N children gameobjects each with a different, simple collider. The sum of all make the "big" collider.