Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Complicated Compiler Error in Roll-A-Ball tutorial....

Discussion in 'Community Learning & Teaching' started by Natdanar22, Nov 12, 2014.

1. Natdanar22

Natdanar22

Screenshot (5).png

So during the roll-a-ball tutorial I came across a series of compiler errors and I was able to fix almost all of them but this one seems to be a bit more complex. I'm not sure exactly what its asking for so if anyone would be able to help me that would be greatly appreciated!
    Thanks!!!

2. OboShape

OboShape

at the end of the unhandled exeption, does it give a filename?

there is another post that might give an option to have a read and try, its related to the Assembly-CSharp.dll.mdb file, if thats file mentioned in your error, cant see the end of the line.

link to post (http://forum.unity3d.com/threads/internal-compiler-error.217117/)

Last edited: Nov 12, 2014
  3. Natdanar22

Natdanar22

hey thanks. its weird because after I went back to find the filename the error never popped up again once I restarted unity. what I think the problem is tho is I screwed up the prefab name and the script name ex. (PickUp ...... Pick Up).
    I think im going to have to remake the prefab itself and redo all of the components that are associated with it

4. OboShape

OboShape

cool, good that its working now.

going by what that post was saying, it was in the temp folder, and that folder is dumped and recreated when unity is restarted. hope the gremlins dont come back for you cos it does sound strange :)