Search Unity

Commander Keen 2.5D

Discussion in 'Made With Unity' started by Ronnie_0, Feb 26, 2015.

1. Ronnie_0

Ronnie_0

This is a remake of the MS-DOS game Commander Keen. I modeled the assets in Blender, and rigged and animated the characters in Blender as well as Maya. I coded the game in C#.

I hope you like it, and maybe it'll bring up some good memories of the original.

http://josephmcarney.com/test/KeenTest40.html

RoyalCoder and GarBenjamin like this.
  2. GarBenjamin

GarBenjamin

Just got on the laptop to work on my game project and remembered this so gave it a try.

You did an outstanding job on this retro remake. Keeping true to the original core mechanics and updating the presentation in a very cool way. In fact, I think you have added so many little touches to the environments and the original was made so long ago you could change the models (keep the same animation states and sizes and so forth just make them "look" differently) and you could release it as an original game. Some people may think it reminds them of Commander Keen but most people would have no clue what that was anyway. There is a goldmine of game ideas back there. Looking forward to your next release!

3. theANMATOR2b

theANMATOR2b

Ronnie - the animations are great! Excellent job. Real nice fluidity and smooth. That's about all I can say. Great work!

4. Rodrinub

Rodrinub

Great work dude : )

5. laskiapina2

laskiapina2

It is very well made. The controls are fluent and the animations are good looking and seamless. This shows you have the ability and talent to make something worthwhile.

6. jtok4j

jtok4j

Oh Wow, those lollipops brought back a bunch of memories!

AND... The graphics are so much better than your screenshots show! Very nicely done, and don't forget to include this in your portfolio! (Duh, I know, but just sayin'... )

Just a curious question: Was there any sound effects or music? I played it within Chrome, but didn't hear anything?

I'm saving your member details, hoping to collaborate on something in the future! :D

Congratulations on a job, really well done!