Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

[Coming Soon] Delta Scenes - a collaborative tool for easier teamwork >> Looking for Testers

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by jfarias, Mar 4, 2015.

?

Which version would you want this asset for?

1. 5.0

2 vote(s)
    100.0%
  2. 4.6

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. 4.5

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. 4.3

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. 4.2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. 4.1

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. 4.0

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. 3.5

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. jfarias

jfarias

Looking For Testers

If you’re interested and want to help me test this asset leave me a pm. Thanks!
    ---------------------------------------------

If you ever used Unity in a team using Git or other source control tool, you know how inconvenient and limiting it is to not be able to have multiple people edit a scene simultaneously without facing scene conflicts. There are many workarounds such as setting everything as prefabs or locking the scene file to prevent changes from multiple sources. But those are not really great solutions…

With Delta Scenes you can have your whole team working on the same scene! All changes are saved in separate files - avoiding any merging conflicts - and you can have multiple delta scenes for a single scene. You can then freely (de)activate them, apply them to your scene permanently or discard them entirely.

DS_settings.png

Delta Scenes also includes a “split scene” system that makes it possible to divide a scene in multiple parts for easier management. You can load and unload each one individually while maintaining all references between them. These sub-scenes are saved in separate files as normal scenes and can be opened independently.

hierarchy.png

I hope to release Delta Scenes sometime next week, with full source code. It will be available for versions 4.5 and up, including the new Unity 5! If you’d like me to support older versions please answer the poll with your version. Thanks!

Planned Future Features:

Delta Scene Viewer – An editor window to quickly check what changes a specific delta scene holds, possibly including a comparer and a merger.

Conflict Solver – The current behavior is that, in case two delta scenes change the same object, the last one applied overwrites the other. The conflict solver will give you the choice of which change to use.

Last edited: Mar 4, 2015
  2. jfarias

jfarias

Hi guys,

I'm still looking for a few testers to help me out. It shouldn't take too much of your time.
    I just need you to apply this asset to a project of yours, make some changes and check if everything's working as expected.

Send me a pm if you're interested.

Thanks