Search Unity

1. Unity 6 Preview is now available. To find out what's new, have a look at our Unity 6 Preview blog post.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity is excited to announce that we will be collaborating with TheXPlace for a summer game jam from June 13 - June 19. Learn more.
    Dismiss Notice

[Released] 3D Touch Input Plugin

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by odbb, Sep 28, 2015.

1. odbb

odbb

icon.png

3D Touch Input Plugin Asset Store

Website | Support | Bug Report​

3d Touch Input Plugin brings full 3D Touch and Radius Touch support for iOS to Unity. It is simple and easy to use, optimized for performance and can be integrated quickly to any existing project or your custom native plugin. Perfect for totally new input experience on your iOS devices!

placeit (2).jpg
    Features
    • 3D Touch Support for iOS
    • Radius Touch Support for iOS
    • Native Plugin for iOS
    • Full commented source code
    • Sample scene
    • Easily apllies to your custom scripts
    • C# on managed side
    • C/Objective-C on Native Side

Compatibility
    • Only supported for certain devices
    • iOS 8 - iPhone 6(+) for Radius Touch
    • iOS 9 - iPhone 6s(+) for 3D Touch
    • C# input receiver
    • 2D or 3D
    • Personal and Pro
    • Coding experience required, no plug and play

Support
    • Example scene
    • Full documentation
    • Full source code included
    • Support forum for questions here in this thread. Feature requests and bug reports too!

Demo Scene
    It includes a callback handler which inteprets the input sent from Native Code to Unity (Objective-C to C#). Each touch press or move spawns a new cube, the alpha value is produced by the touch force. The
    more pressure on the screen the more color the cube spawns with. Works properly on the device, spawning is simulated in Editor.

IMG_0004.jpg IMG_0001.jpg IMG_0003.jpg IMG_0006.jpg IMG_0002.jpg IMG_0005.jpg

User Guide
    • Import the Package
    • Add the TestInputPlugin scene to your Scenes in Build
    • Build to an iOS 8/9 device and spawn cubes by touches

I hope you like the asset and quality of the code! May it help you to get 3D Touch into your games/apps as soon as possible! If you use and and you like I can add you to a list of projects using the plugin here. If you have any questions or comments please let me know in this thread! I'm happy to answer questions and listen to feature requests and feedback. :)

Last edited: Sep 28, 2015
    Gozdek likes this.
  2. odbb

odbb

3. roarman-seo

roarman-seo

Hi, I have a question.
    Does your asset support touch radius for iPad devices?
    If not, is it possible to support iPad in near future?

4. odbb

odbb

Hi @roarman.seo,

It supports touch radius for iOS! I have tested it with iPhone 6(s) and it works properly, I assume it works with iPads too, but I will test this as soon as I have a device available! Stay tuned! :)

5. odbb

odbb

Hey @roarman.seo

I tested the plugin on an iPad Air 2 and it works as designed so it is supposed to work on all iPads which support the radius touch. :cool:

6. roarman-seo

roarman-seo

Thanks, I'm considering to purchase seriously!

odbb likes this.
  7. Nitin_CMLABS

Nitin_CMLABS

I Have bought this plugin and got 4 Semantic issues while making build in ios,

1.) Property 'forceTouchCapability' not found on object of type 'UITraitCollection'
    2.) Use of Undeclared identifier 'UIForceTouchCapabilityAvailable'
    3.) Property 'Force' not found on object of type 'UITouch'
    4.) Property 'MaximumPossibleForce' not found on object of type 'UITouch'

Please revert asap for the solution of this problem?

8. odbb

odbb

@Nitin_CMLABS for getting in touch about the problem! I assume it's the default code without alternations? Which version of Unity, XCode and iOS SDK are you using/building to?

9. Nitin_CMLABS

Nitin_CMLABS

Unity 5.2.2f1
    Xcode version 6.4
    Target Minimum IOS version in Unity is 8.0
    Do you have any solution for this?

10. odbb

odbb

Please upgrade to XCode 7 (or at least install iOS SDK 9) as the new force touch features are only available for iOS 9+ and need to be compiled & linked against those libraries. If installing iOS SDK 9 is not possible for XCode 6.4 you need to upgrade to XCode 7. Please let me know if this solves the issue! :)

Or in case you only want ONLY the radius touch feature, let me know and I make some modifications and test it against XCode 6.4.

11. Nitin_CMLABS

Nitin_CMLABS

Let me download the Xcode 7.

I need 3D touch feature not touch radius
    and i need 3D touch at App Icon also.
    How to achieve that?

12. odbb

odbb

Ok, please let me know if it works properly with XCode 7 then.
    The 3D touch at App Icon is not supported in this Plugin. But you can add it via Native Plugins as well, but maybe there is already an Asset Store Plugin for it available. There is more information about how to integrate it here.

13. Nitin_CMLABS

Nitin_CMLABS

3D touch is working fine.
    Thanks a lot.
    Could you please tell me, how to add 3D touch at UI button not on Sprite?

odbb likes this.
  14. odbb

odbb

You can basically simulate the Input events with the ExecuteEvents messages. Which is pretty much like described here. If you add this to the InputTest.cs in the example of the plugin it would look like the one attached. If you add it make sure that you assign the UIButton you want to use to the script. It's just an example and really depends on what you are trying to do but I hope this helps to find the right direction! :D

Attached Files:

15. LNGames

LNGames

Hi,

Do you have a version for unity 5.1.4?
    if yes, then i would buy..

16. odbb

odbb

Hi @LNGames,

It should work accross all Unity 5 versions so far. If not just let me know and I'll update it.

However, since a couple of versions (somewhere 5.2.x) there is native Unity Support for force and radius touch, see in the Touch documentation here (pressure): http://docs.unity3d.com/ScriptReference/Touch.html so the plugin is not necessary anymore if you do not want to alter it on the native side or want to check how native communication would look like! :)