Search Unity

combat system

Discussion in 'Scripting' started by Paykoman, Nov 22, 2014.

1. Paykoman

Paykoman

Hi guys sry this is not the proper place to ask this but i already search cor everywhere and dont find proper info. So wt i want to know is wt is the best way to create a rpg diablo type combat system? Animations with code or mechanim and animator? And wt about the collision detection... All info about this theme will be welcome. Appreciate ur time guys. And if u can indicate me any kind of tutorial or book or wtever will be nice.

2. elmar1028

elmar1028

Here are list of stuff you'll need:

Animation Events - basically they're used to execute a piece of code at specific time frame. Mainly can be used when player has punch animation. Code can detect if there is someone withing player's range or collides with player's weapon's collision box at this time frame. If that's true then enemy takes damage.

Colliders as Triggers Video Lesson - this video will teach you how to setup basic triggers which execute code when something is touching it. Good for weapons.

Mecanim Tutorial (Animation) - this will teach you how to use mecanim. The video itself is long, but by the time you finish watching it you'll be able to use Mecanim.

Stuff to Google:

Check if key is pressed rapidly - will help you create combos.

All the following stuff will help you create a basic, but cool combos. Have fun :)

Paykoman likes this.