Search Unity

Collection of Animations (Biped) Ready to use in Unity

Discussion in 'Made With Unity' started by fano_linux, Jan 1, 2012.

1. TheCasual

TheCasual

The read me file is very vague , doesnt explain really how to use anything.

Well , i tried duplicating the animation inside unity and applying them to other characters i have , not one of em would work , with several different rig types applied. Standar Bipeds, Mixamo bipeds, none of them would accept the animations as was. So than i tried to import the bip files contained in the rar directly into max , and discovered i cant use any of them , says invalid character studio version.

2. fano_linux

fano_linux

Ok i think I got it... First watch this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_l7mttjodtc&feature=youtu.be

Explains how to use the package, and i'm creating the next tutorial to teach how to use other models with the animation package.

Thank you

3. TheCasual

TheCasual

Well , i wouldnt have such a problem if max could use the biped files... but it seems it cant , what version did you use?

That video doesnt really help , i understand he soldier works , but i dont want the soldier at all... i just want the animations , and as i cant seem to use duplicates of the split animations the soldier created .... or even import them into Max , im feeling a little dismayed.

Last edited: Jan 5, 2012
  4. fano_linux

fano_linux

Don't be dismayed... I'm here to help... I've used 3ds max 2012 to create the files, but i'm shure it work's with older versions.

Please give me your model if you can and i'll try it from here and if it's in need i'll send to you with the animations attached.

Thank you

5. TheCasual

TheCasual

no, 2011 will NOT import any bip files in that package. Only 2012 character studio will :(

Exact error from max reads as :

The version of the file is not recognizable. Please ensure you have the most recent version of character studio.

So does this mean theres nothing useable in the package i just got? Im really hoping this is not so.

6. fano_linux

fano_linux

7. fano_linux

fano_linux

Please stay here, i'm testing it... i'm installing 2010 version... wait for my answer

8. sybixsus2

sybixsus2

You bought it two hours ago. Give yourself and the creator a chance to play around with it a bit. All the hand-wringing is a little excessive, don't you think? Hell, if you give him a few days and he can't do anything to help you, I'll give you the eight bucks myself.

EDIT: Oh, and just to say to the creator.. it was in my spam box. Thanks for letting me know.

9. TheCasual

TheCasual

It appears to me as if he is sorting it out , and i havent been a dick at all i have asked , he has replied , and we have exchanged ... whoopy S***...., seems you have been though , bravo!

As for playing around with it, i dont need to play around with it , i bought it exclusively for the bip data. And as is , it doesnt work in backwards compatiblity for max 11, as i have mentioned to OP. So hopefully we do manage to find a work around.

10. fano_linux

fano_linux

Thank you Sybixsus, it's true wat you said. I'm trying to help as much as I can, so everyday i'm answering, creating videos, etc...
    I'm doing my best to help everybody. But the willc problem is that he is using one older version of max, and I figured out it's not gonna work cause I updated my 3ds max version.

But I'm working on it

Thank you

11. TheCasual

TheCasual

Fano-Linux ...

thanks m8 , appreciate you trying to correct it :p

and to be fair , 2011 is really not in the dark ... it just turned 2012 lol

12. fano_linux

fano_linux

You are right. and I think was my falt to not mention the version of max. However i'm here to ask if you can wait, cause i have my animations done in 2010. I just need to put it toggether and send it to you by email. What do you think?

And I hope we stay happy.

13. TheCasual

TheCasual

Ah yea man , that sounds great , and hey , no hard feelings what so ever , you responded appropriately and conducted every last channel you could to fix it , and are currently fixing it , im happy as can be :p.

Great collection btw , i did observe the soldier, and your package is awsome,

PS : i would recommend having both packages around and inform people about that version for sure , because most of us wont have 2012. Im actually really lucky to not be still on 9.

14. fano_linux

fano_linux

Thank you, so we have a deal. i'm gonna provide this right now. Sorry for the trouble, and it's ok for me, it's the humanity problem ( the comunication haha :) )... Stay with me, i'll provide this for you today...

Thank you again man

15. ZJP

ZJP

+1. I have 3ds 2010.

JP

16. fano_linux

fano_linux

ZJP and WILLC,

please forgiveme, I assume that the trouble was caused by me. In fact we can't think in everything but we try. So i'm here to correct this.
    Please send me your email, the two of you. And i need to tell you that the pipe animations, and pistol animations I didn't have that time (2010 max) I just noticed that. So you will notice that some extra animations will be there, and missing the Pipe Movement, Pistol Movement, Shoot ShotGun And Reload cause those I have done in 2012, and to go back to 2010 i have to animate this all over again :(

So please don't kill me yet, use the animations that i'm sending to you, and if you could not get max 2012 we will figure a way to go.

Thank you again for the patience...

17. Lypheus

Lypheus

Looking good, I noticed this error for strafing left with some weapons:

The animation state rifle_run_strafe_left_fast_nw could not be played because it couldn't be found!
    Please attach an animation clip with the name 'rifle_run_strafe_left_fast_nw' or call this function only for existing animations.
    UnityEngine.Animation:CrossFade(String)
    TP_DecideAnimation:AnimateCrossfade(String) (at Assets/_ Scripts/Controller/TP_DecideAnimation.cs:55)
    TP_Animator:StrafingLeft() (at Assets/_ Scripts/Controller/TP_Animator.cs:247)
    TP_Animator:processCurrentState() (at Assets/_ Scripts/Controller/TP_Animator.cs:168)
    TP_Animator:Update() (at Assets/_ Scripts/Controller/TP_Animator.cs:53)

Also, pistol strafe walking right seems to be the same as pistol strafe walking left.

18. Slackware

Slackware

Fanno i trying to buy your package, but paypal do not accept transfers in dolar between brazilians can you put an reais option?

19. fano_linux

fano_linux

Yes I know that and at the Readme File there is an explanation for that. It's very simple:
    I created a script to change animations based on the weapon the character carry.
    For example:

- no weapon: idle, walk_fast, walk_back_fast, walk_strafe_left_fast_nw;
    - pistol: pistol_idle, pistol_walk_fast, pistol_walk_back_fast, pistol_walk_strafe_left_fast_nw;

and so on.... but the problem is that at rifle animations for example, some animations like run_strafe_left does not have the same name hahah...my bad. So it's just an example how to use the project, you will have to correct this, at the TP_DecideAnimation.cs and when the selected weapon is the rifle code it to crossfade to the right animation.

If you need help with that let me know.

Thank you my friend

20. fano_linux

fano_linux

Hello, so can we talk in portuguese?

Bom eu procurei esta opção no gatway de pagamento mais nao encontrei somente euro e dollar. Mais voce pode efetuar um pagamento separado que eu envio o pacote pra voce.

Pode ser? e como prefere?

Abraços e obrigado

21. Slackware

Slackware

Fano enviei o pagamento 16 reais, voce me manda o link por email?

22. TheCasual

TheCasual

email sent

23. fano_linux

fano_linux

Envio sim meu amigo, voce pode ficar online no msn?
    se sim seria bem melhor... ja recebi o pagamento abraçao

24. fano_linux

fano_linux

Where did you sent the email my friend??

25. TheCasual

TheCasual

private messaged it to you here.
    or check my profile for skype info.

26. fano_linux

fano_linux

Email sent my friend... thank you best regards

27. TheCasual

TheCasual

Awsome mate! Recieved, and again , super job, on all aspects of your business.,

28. fano_linux

fano_linux

Man I still fill terryble about that problem,.... but life goes on... thank you, and staay ready i'll be sending some more stuff, cause I know how hard is to find good animations ready to use...

Thanks

29. sybixsus2

sybixsus2

I didn't say you had been. I simply asked you to give the guy a chance to help you out. Which it would appear he has now done? In fact, I didn't insult you at all. Whereas you, on the other hand...

If asking you to give someone a chance and offering to personally refund you if it was going to be that much of a problem for you makes me a dick, I'm happy to be one.

30. TheCasual

TheCasual

Oversights happen, but what really matters is your resposne to rectify the situation, which was superb. No need to feel bad when you handled it great. I will definately be interested in more content from you... like maybe those missing pistol anims ... haha.

31. TheCasual

TheCasual

Lol - well i suppose it could be a complete misundersatnding , as if you read the post6s carefully , you will see , our conversations were completely legit , and i used edited posts to ensure i wasnt doubling up on anything , just trying to stay in touch with him.

Anyways , either way , i dont think its a big deal, neither is the price ... the content is gold :p .. cheers

32. fano_linux

fano_linux

Thanks, i'll try to do this...

33. Lypheus

Lypheus

Anyone else reading this and thinking, "Glad I'm a BUYER and not a provider?" lol ... wow this is like the "Are you SURE you want to sell product to the community" thread.

Sorry to derail .. at any rate, fano_linux i'll give that a shot tonight here.

One other thing I'm noticing, is that if i put a rifle in the soldiers hands then in idle it lines up with both hands but not during movement, do you have a sample rifle for this or is this just something we'll need to have tweaked?

34. fano_linux

fano_linux

Lypheus,
    Nothing is perfect hahah :), in fact you must adjust this as you want, the animation or the weapon model, cause every weapon has distinct size. Sorry I don't have any weapons at the moment, to animate I used some box object to simulate the weapon. I think you should align the weapon to the movement animation and correct the idle animation at 3ds max to your model, will be painless.

If you need more help let me know, Thank you

35. fano_linux

fano_linux

36. TheCasual

TheCasual

Hey just wanted to revisit and say , awsome man , everything working , tested in previous version now as should. Great quality , damn nice package mate. And thanks for the extra content updates and info on version update. That helped out alot.

37. Jaimi

Jaimi

Do these animations now work in Max 2011?

38. fano_linux

fano_linux

Yeah mate...i'm here in case you need something... thank you

39. fano_linux

fano_linux

In fact the normal package works with 2012 version,
    But i've done an almost looks like package. So you can have both if you want.

The 2012 version has 128 animations
    The 2010 - 2011 has 108 animations

But again you can have both... thank you

40. TheCasual

TheCasual

Hey Fano-linux. I am curious, do you have a print out of the animations and time frames within ... for eg : the one file CompleteAnimationsInPlace in one bip. Do you have a text file containing this information?

I see in some of your previous posts , you have indeeed given certain animations time frames , where they could be located. If you do have this text file , would it be possible to get a copy?

Last edited: Jan 6, 2012
  41. fano_linux

fano_linux

Yes my friend... it was in the main post but i changed this... take a look at the cs file inside your package at the folder _Scripts -> Other -> AnimationPostProcessor | there is the list of all animations and frames. if it's not what you want just tell me and i'll do it for you.

thanks

42. TheCasual

TheCasual

Oh sweet, I missed that inside there , i was focused more on the bip's themselves, cool again thanks.

43. fano_linux

fano_linux

wellcome mate, thanks to you

44. fano_linux

fano_linux

Now Version 2.0 has 216 animations in Biped file for 3ds Max 2010 and 2012.

C# class to import all the animations from the fbx file that you exported from Max.

One Unity project with an character controller just to show how to use the animations.

Separated bip files with extra animations and the full compilation to use with any rigged (biped) model .

You can buy it here: http://mix.jmsistemas.com.br/steffano/ (Just U$ 9.00)

45. ZJP

ZJP

Do you have an update for previous customers?

JP

46. TheCasual

TheCasual

Yea , ZJ , he asked us yesterday to send us his email , he redid it for us *older version users*

Steffano has got my vote for customer support and satisfaction :p

47. ZJP

ZJP

Ok. Thx ;)
    email sent.

Last edited: Jan 6, 2012
  48. fano_linux

fano_linux

Thank you man, appreciate that.

JP I've sent the email for you... thank you

49. Jaimi

Jaimi

I purchased this and was told to login to ByteCommerce to get my files. When I do, It shows I purchased it, but there is no download.

It just says this:

Biped Animation Package (Unity 3d Ready) (V.2.0) purchased on 1/6/2012 at 8:29:40 PM
    Serial-code given: <none>

50. fano_linux

fano_linux

hello there, I beleave you can check your email box maybe in spam box, you have to receive the link to download
    If not please let me know and I'll provide it for you

Thank you