Search Unity

Collection of Animations (Biped) Ready to use in Unity

Discussion in 'Made With Unity' started by fano_linux, Jan 1, 2012.

1. fano_linux

fano_linux

Hello Everyone,

" I'm new to the community but there is a long time i'm reading all the posts..."
    Well as a coder I was always trying to find models with animations just to help me write my

scripts in unity, buuuuuuuuuut as always it is too much hard to find something ready to use, or a

good couple of animations to use with some rigged model. After studing alot, reading alot,

filling pain on my hands, almost get killed by my wife *(haha), I got it... I had to learn

animation concept and the worse, how to work with 3ds Max (I'm Cinema 4D user).

So i'm almost releasing a package with the following resources:

* - All the 107 animations that I've done (some of them I just got from motion capture to be more

realistic) in Biped file for 3ds Max.
    * - A C# class to import all the animations from the fbx file that you exported from Max.
    * - One Unity project with an character controller just to show how to use the animations.
    * - A basic manual (with extra animation files) teaching how to use the biped files in max

directly to the rig or mixing more animations, and correcting position and rotation by the Graph

animation.

So if you are just like me two years ago, just a programmer and do not want to learn animation

or rigging skining, etc... I think this package was made just for you. Just for U$ 8.00.

How to use the package

PLEASE TO AVOID PROBLEMS WITH THE .BIP FILES MAKE SHURE YOU HAVE THE 3DS MAX 2012 VERSION UPDATED (THE UPDATE IS FREE FROM AUTODESC WEBSITE).

PARA OS BRASILEIROS DE PLANTÃO SE QUISEREM O PACOTE ENVIEM UM PAGAMENTO SEPARADO EM REAIS MESMO, POIS O PAYPAL NAO ACEITA PAGAMENTO EM DOLLAR DE BRASILEIRO PARA BRASILEIRO, UM ABRAÇO A TODOS.

Finaly the package it's here.
    Now Version 2.0 has more than 216 animations in Biped file for 3ds Max 2010 and 2012.

C# class to import all the animations from the fbx file that you exported from Max.

One Unity project with an character controller just to show how to use the animations.

Separated bip files with extra animations and the full compilation to use with any rigged (biped) model .

You can buy it here: http://mix.jmsistemas.com.br/steffano/ (Just U$ 9.00)

Last edited: Jan 6, 2012
  2. jedy

jedy

The C# script is making me curious - it imports your animations to any rig, or imports your animations to any compatible rig?

3. fano_linux

fano_linux

The C# Script just collect the animations inside the model that unity is importing, so you don't need to split animations manually. in fact the class is very simple, just using AssetPostprocessor.
    Sorry if I was not clear on that.
    But the animation files can be put in any rig with biped done in 3ds max.
    Thanks for asking.

Last edited: Jan 1, 2012
  4. ZJP

ZJP

HI,
    Nice pack. Missing "throwing hand grenade" and "crouch animation".
    Add these (maybe up the price) and you have a custumer.
    Happy New Year ;)

JP

5. fano_linux

fano_linux

Hi there, thank you, in facte there is the Crouch animation,
    //Crouch Movement
    73 crouch_idle - 2209 - 2253
    74 crouch_run_back_fast - 2254 - 2277
    75 crouch_run_fast - 2278 - 2303
    76 crouch_strafe_left_fast - 2304 - 2338
    77 crouch_strafe_right_fast - 2345 - 2371
    78 crouch_walk_back - 2372 - 2423
    79 crouch_walk - 2425 - 2483
    80 crouch_walk_left - 2484 - 2533
    81 crouch_walk_right - 2534 - 2583
    and I have the trow granade animation and i'm going to put it on the pack.
    Hapy new year....

6. fano_linux

fano_linux

Hi there, I add the folowing animations to the pack
    108 - drown - 4646 - 4806
    109 - carry_large_box - 4807 - 5054
    110 - swim - 5055 - 5135
    111 - trow_granade - 5136 - 5266

7. elias_t

elias_t

Nice.
    Release it already !

8. fano_linux

fano_linux

Thank you Elias, Just wait until tomorrow, i'm correcting all the sequences at 3ds max, and writing the tutorial.

9. Lypheus

Lypheus

Awesome, just what i need - release :) !

10. TheCasual

TheCasual

When i first read this thread , you said you were giving it away , and now theres a price tag. Dont get me wrong , its definately worth just a few small pennies, but i still have a problem with it being free one day , than seeing it a day later tagged with a price.

11. jedy

jedy

12. Sollthar

Sollthar

So where and how can I get this? :)

13. Lypheus

Lypheus

No problems paying here, personally i'd charge $20 or so for this - it would have saved me a TON of time and cash a year ago when i started looking into unity3d seriously. Let us know when it's ready to roll.

14. fano_linux

fano_linux

Sorry Guys about taking so long, I had an family issue, My grand father just died yesterday so was a terrible time to the family. :(

Well i'm finishing it by today, and different from a BVH motion that you have to assign bones to the biped, it's the biped motion, in other words, just create the biped or have the a model with the biped rigged and use the bip files animation and nothing else.

I'll send some extra bip animations in case you need it. Thank you guys for the repply.

"dear willc I don't remember where did I said I was giving this for free, from the very first post it has the tag as you say "just for 8,00" "... Sorry about that if i made you confuse. Just wanna remember that the price is not the point here, and it's a recognition of my hard work and dedication to put this all together, learn animation and etc... I'm trying to save some time from programmers like me to just focus on programming and have some resource of animation in hand.
    Believe me it's not my intention to make money with this, i just put some price on it cause I believe every hard work worth his price.

Thank you all

15. fano_linux

fano_linux

Sollthar, first of all what a great idea you mentioned in your project I just love this kind of game. About the package as I mentioned above i'm finishing it, the delay it's because I was travelling with my family cause of the death of my grand father:( but I'll release it by today, thank you for your comments

Please keep reading this post trhead, I'll send the information to get the package. Thank you again

Last edited: Jan 4, 2012
  16. ZJP

ZJP

Sorry for your lose. I think we can wait. :(

JP

Last edited: Jan 5, 2012
  17. Merries

Merries

Sorry for your lose, best wishes to you and your family, good luck with your project it looks wonderful.

18. fano_linux

fano_linux

Thank you guys, it's a hard time but we all know that the time will help us to recover.

Well the package is done, i'm right now trying to publish it, and the extra animations and the manual to use in 3ds max i'll be posting here.
    I'll be here today if you need some help.

Thank you again

19. Jingle-Fett

Jingle-Fett

Hell I'm a 3d modeler and animator and I'd still buy it just for the time it would save :) I like the fact that what you're selling is the biped file because then we can apply it to any character we want.

20. fano_linux

fano_linux

Yes my friend, it's the biped files, separated by category and the full compilation

21. fano_linux

fano_linux

Finaly the package it's here.
    It''s avaliable at the moment by paypal, but just for now.

I organized everything and now it's 128 animations, still i'll send by this thread some extra animations.

buy it here: http://mix.jmsistemas.com.br/steffano/

Thank you all

22. GrimWare

GrimWare

Sweet deal!

My condolences on your grandfather, but I will be getting this soon!

23. fano_linux

fano_linux

Thank you... best regards

24. ZJP

ZJP

PayPal ordered. Waiting for the download link ;)

25. fano_linux

fano_linux

Thank you ZJP, I'll be here for some hours to help if somebody need...

26. ZJP

ZJP

Download OK. thx.

JP

27. fano_linux

fano_linux

Thank you, i'm here if you need any help... and i'll be sending extra animations

28. ZJP

ZJP

29. elias_t

elias_t

Hi fano_linux.
    Congratulations on the release.

The link does not open for me. Is it down?

30. ZJP

ZJP

No.

31. sybixsus2

sybixsus2

The animations look excellent in your video. I'm in.

32. elias_t

elias_t

Allright. Link is working now.
    Just bought it.

Thank you for your work Fano!

33. fano_linux

fano_linux

Thank you JP, this is the mixamo free animations, i'll take a look... I have some animations in hand i'll be sending it today.

34. fano_linux

fano_linux

Ok elais, thank you for purchasing it, sorry took so long to answer. here in Brazil was 5 am (morning) I was tired.

Thank you

35. PrimeDerektive

PrimeDerektive

Does the package come with an FBX in unity that already has all the animations attached? Because if I have a model already rigged with a standard biped in unity, I should be able to just drag and drop the anim files between models, correct?

36. fano_linux

fano_linux

You can bet on that. It has the soldier model from mixamo rigged (and exported in FBX) with all the animations, and a demo project to show you how to use. The demo project is using this rigged model, so yes you can use this fbx file in your own project by drag and drop.

Thank you

37. sefou

sefou

just bought it . Awsome . Thanks. ;)

38. ZJP

ZJP

You're fast ;)

JP

39. PrimeDerektive

PrimeDerektive

If I only have the .FBX file and not the original max or biped file of my biped rigged character model... can I open it in 3ds max and tweak the animations (only because tweaking animations with unity's animation editor is a nightmare)?

40. sybixsus2

sybixsus2

Are you sending links out manually? I haven't seen anything, other than a payment confirmation.

41. TheCasual

TheCasual

Hmm i bought it just now , not sure about the **extra stuff you say you provide.... but im curious about how this works. For eg: i have a bunch of misc mixamo characters. So can i just import the animations directly into unity , or does this all have to go through max and be mixed into a biped?

42. Lypheus

Lypheus

I find importing the soldier.fbx crashes unity3d, but restarting its all there and seems to be working.

43. TheCasual

TheCasual

I havent gotten a single animation to work on any character yet :(

44. fano_linux

fano_linux

Sorry, i forgot to put the original soldier file...

you can donwload it here: http://mix.jmsistemas.com.br/steffano/SoldierOriginal.rar

If you don't know hou to put the animations that you have on the package inside him let me know.

45. fano_linux

fano_linux

No my friend. The payment system generates the download link automatcly for you, I noticed that it take a few minutes to work, but it works just fine.

46. fano_linux

fano_linux

You need to open your model in max and just open the complete animations bip file to attach all the animations to the model you want, and then the animation post process will split the animations for you, just need to change the name of the model on the C# class.

Yes I'll provide some extra animations, and videos to teach how to import animations, use the project and th files. You can bet on that.
    Today will be released

47. fano_linux

fano_linux

I beleave it's the C# class splitting the 128 animations, here I have a goog PC and sometimes it craches too.
    But never closes the unity. And aways work well

Thank you

48. fano_linux

fano_linux

Please tell me what you are trying to do. And I will help you with pleasure

Thank you

49. sybixsus2

sybixsus2

Ah ok, cheers. It must have ended up in my spam folder. I'll go and dig it out.

50. fano_linux

fano_linux

Yes it could be. Thank you let me know if you have any trouble...

To the rest of the guys, (and for you too haha :) ) I'm sending right now the video tutorial to the youtube, how to use everything inside the package, and some 3ds max tips.

Thank you all