Search Unity

Codename Ronin

Discussion in 'Works In Progress - Archive' started by AthosK, Nov 27, 2014.

1. AthosK

AthosK

In the future, all warfare depends in cybernetics. Casualties are a thing of the past. Each soldier is stripped of his body and his brain is interfaced with a Robotic Neural Intelligence Node (Codename Ronin). Thus began the era of everlasting war.

Codename Ronin is a fast paced multiplayer third person game. Participate in epic multiplayer deathmatch battles and annihilate your enemies!

Trailer

Gameplay

Download the alpha here
    http://www.dwcrew.com/index.php?route=information/information&information_id=19

Input Controls
    WASD - Movement
    Space - Jump, Double Jump
    Left Click - Attack
    C - Roll
    WASD + Left Click + Space - Jump Attacks
    ESC - Menu

Please keep in mind this is an alpha version​

2. 0tacun

0tacun

Hey there,
    just played your game, there were no enemies guess no body was there to fight with :)

Gameplay:
    -I thought the camera movement towards the player was a bit too sloppy, a bit more faster camera would be good I think, so you don't lose too fast the focus of the player and get confused.
    -I had issues with attacking: Sometimes my left click wasn't recognized and I disliked a bit the randomness of the stabing and slashin. Is there a difference between those two? If yes it would be cool to give control what kind of attack the player will launch. And no blocking implemented? I guess you have to evade with rolling?
    -Rolling wasn't taking your momentum from running into account.
    -I couldn't use the thrusters when falling from a platform. Only when I jumped once before, I could activate those.

-I'm personally not a fan of those fast paced slashing games, as I think it becomes too fast to button mashing and chaos :D. Anyways maybe you could implement wallrunning, would be pretty cool!

Graphics:
    -Cool robot!
    -Overall the enviroment lacked a bit depth, because there where no shadows. I suggest to bake the lightmap for the map or use SSAO if you like it to stay dynamic. Also add bloom! It would really let your electric materials shine!

Keep it up!

AthosK likes this.
  3. AthosK

AthosK

I had the network monitor open for hours just in case somebody enters so I can jump in so that he doesn't feel alone :p
    I guess it didn't work (or you were that stealthy!! :p)

You can tweek the camera a little bit for now by hitting ESC, most of the stuff you mentioned we are aware of and will be improved or changed at the future. This is primarily to test our server and network libraries among other things. We have lot's of stuff we want to implement but priorities lie elsewhere for the time being.

For the enviroment i'm using pbr shaders (lux) and if I bake lightmaps then everything is washed out for some reason. We can't add shadows for now because we need deffered lighting for that and it's a pro feature, in forward rendering we are getting like 6k-8k drawcalls, I can add a directional light to have shadows but then it would always fall at the same direction and it's not that pretty so it would have to do for now. I'm working on a new level and it's coming along pretty sweet! I have a pic I think on IndieDB, but too many drawcalls to use it at the moment. As for camera effects I can't add anything because performance would take a nose dive and then we would have more connection lag etc. For the moment I'm doing the best with what I can use to balance performance with graphics quality.

We are working on implementing bots as not to feel so lonely (maybe I'll turn all the lights off and make it into a horror game :p). There's no difference between the attacks for now, later on we have some thoughts for them and how damage should take place, for now i've added the sweet cartwheel attacks on jump :p

We were heavily influenced by Jedi Academy and Jedi Outcast (lot's of days wasted on those) for the gameplay, just straight up fast paced melee fights (unless you were of those weird people that brought blasters to a lightsaber fight!) where you can jump in and kill some time (or other players).

Nice talking to you again!

4. AthosK

AthosK

Made a new model today, meet the Python!
    Coming soon among other things...

0tacun likes this.
  5. AthosK

AthosK

There's a new update available.
    We added some stuff in case you felt lonely ;)

6. AthosK

AthosK

A promo image I made in Cycles

A glimpse of the customization scene, a new model and a new sword

7. AthosK

AthosK

The models we have at the moment which would be available on the next update coming soon

The Crusader

The Python

Xenos

The swords

0tacun likes this.
  8. AthosK

AthosK

0tacun likes this.
  9. AthosK

AthosK

Shinny cyborgs with sharp swords, can't go wrong...

10. k1mset

k1mset

Futuristic samurais, kind of a strange project but it looks intriguing. I will be keeping an eye on this thread.

AthosK likes this.
  11. AthosK

AthosK

I made a timelapse reworking one of the models for my tutorial channel

as for both this game and Kagemusha, we've taken the silent approach but we are still pretty much actively working on them, especially with all the new toys we can have our hands on. So stay tuned