Search Unity

Codename: "PelletDrop"

Discussion in 'Works In Progress - Archive' started by SW34TY, Sep 2, 2014.

1. SW34TY

SW34TY

Just a little project I have been working on. It was designed in mind for mobiles but works just as well on web player.

The whole gameplay is basically there, next thing I want to do is get a consistent art style which I am putting off due to being a piss poor artist, and then getting some nice SFX after that.

Link to the web player version:
    https://googledrive.com/host/0B8LR8xPbMoH7ZVVfb19

Controls are simply click and drag the funnel at the bottom to catch the pellets.

HEADPHONER USER WARNING:
    During the game, a SFX does play that may or may not be quite loud.

Any feedback and/or suggestions are appreciated :)

Cheers

2. FervInt

FervInt

So, my opinion is that it is pretty fun to play but got old pretty quick. It was fun for a bit but It didn't get hard fast enough or there wasn't enough change in mechanic during the course of play.

I like the switch after you fill it up, that caught me off guard and was fun and frantic, but after 4 or 5 rounds it got pretty routine and easy.

I suggest you follow in the footsteps of the popular infinite runners out there and add in new game mechanics after each level you survive. I also suggest you increase the difficulty at a more rapid pace.

Fun little game, I like it...Keep it up.

3. AndrewGrayGames

AndrewGrayGames

Is the title a euphemism for taking a dump?

Graph and calmcarrots like this.
  4. SW34TY

SW34TY

Thanks FervInt for the feedback :)

I havent worked on it for a week or so and forgot but the speed of the overall game does increase after I think every 10th round, maybe that is too long to, like you said, keep the player interested until a change occurs. Ill take that into account :)

Asvarduil, it wasnt, but that could be a DLC idea...

5. Graph

Graph

Thats also the first thing my mind went to. bunny/rabbit/pellet/dropping/poop... the only other kind of pellets i know is the pressed floral matter you burn in modern 1family house-heating systems.

As for the speed/difficulty increase:

AndrewGrayGames likes this.