Search Unity

Code request for Perfect Dark/Goldeneye dead zone aiming.

Discussion in 'Scripting' started by RedMcCloud, May 8, 2015.

1. RedMcCloud

RedMcCloud

I'm trying to make a pseudo-clone of Perfect Dark for a school project, and I managed to find a seemingly good dead zone script, but it was full of errors and unusable. Coding wise, I think this would be very simple.

To those not familiar, the old N64 games Goldeneye: 007, and it's spiritual successor Perfect Dark, had unique aiming systems that are very similar to dead zone aiming in more modern games; I've lovingly renamed them 'tank aiming', as you are controlled sort of like a tank. Essentially, while you're moving, the gun moves in the direction the camera is turning, and by extension where you are shooting moves along with it, and if you held down a button, you would stand still, a cross hair would appear, and using the analog stick you'd be able to target enemies using said crosshair. Releasing the button would cause the crosshair to disappear, and you would be able to move again, and the aiming would revert to the pseudo-dead zone style.

Here's a gameplay video as an example (note that it has auto-aim, something I do NOT want, along with a cross hair that is visible by default; it can be removed in the options):

Thank you.

2. RedMcCloud

RedMcCloud

Bumping

3. Yeove

Yeove

This might be a super necro bump but I would also like a script that could do this.