Search Unity

CN Controls not working in unity 5? alternatives?

Discussion in 'Scripting' started by MD_Reptile, Mar 6, 2015.

1. MD_Reptile

MD_Reptile

Hey all, I was using CN Controls for the dual joysticks in my project, and yesterday I installed unity 5, now there is no mouse input in editor, and no touch input on device, so I'm guessing compatibility for that plugin is busted. Maybe someone else could confirm that for me, but anyway has anybody got suggestions for a good multi touch dual joystick plugin? I've done my own in the past but prefer a good solid working plugin to save me the time and effort, plus having it "just work". I know about the mobile examples having one setup for dual joysticks, but it gave me trouble setting it up for my project, which is why I liked CN Controls, which was fairly easy to hook up and get going. So yeah any alternatives known to work well in unity 5?

Edit: wouldn't mind paid assets if they are alive and supported by the Dev!

Edit2: so I'm looking at "Easy Touch Controls" on the asset store, which is on sale for ten bucks USD... Can't really go wrong at that price. Uses the new ui and event system, so looks to be fairly fresh, and had a couple good reviews... Anybody have first hand experience with this asset? Anybody want to suggest something else?

Last edited: Mar 6, 2015
  2. PGJ

PGJ

I'm using "Easy Touch 4", which includes "Easy Touch Controls", in my latest project. It works really well and is much more responsive than the solution I had before.

3. MD_Reptile

MD_Reptile

Hmm might look into that. I went ahead and bought one plugin on the asset store that was on sale for nine bucks. Can't really get too upset if it doesn't meet my expectations, since it was super cheap, but so far it's been pretty decent. I chose it because besides the price, it offered mouse emulation of touch in the editor, said it was compliant with 5x, and uses several setups, including uGUI and event system. If it let's me down I'll check that one out next.

4. Kumo-Kairo

Kumo-Kairo

Hi! I'm a CN Controls pack developer.
    First, you could actually write me an e-mail, that's what most people do, and I would have provided the needed information about the joystick (that version was totally usable on unity 5)

Although I personally tested the old CN Controls version on Unity 5, and it worked great for me, a lot of people wrote that they had problems making it work on unity 5.

I've made a huge update on CN Controls (It now runs "natively" on Unity 5 and UGUI rendering system). It's already pending the review and is about to come out this week on the assetstore.
    I took some ideas from CrossPlatform input system, and took A LOT of feedback from people during this year. I tried to make it easily usable and extensible.
    I've already sent a bunch of updated packages to people that wrote me an e-mail asking about how is the CN Controls pack doing.

There was a great deal of pain with Editor Multitouch using Unity Remote (UGUI doesn't support Unity Remote multitouch yet) but I got it working and it has a mouse emulation inside of the editor, as well as in the builds (that's what was counter intuitive for me at first, but a lot of people said that it was necessary)

Last edited: Aug 5, 2015
  5. MD_Reptile

MD_Reptile

That sounds good - I will revisit CN Controls with my current project and see how things are working now! I look forward to it performing better than my (unmentioned for professionalism) paid asset which has been a let down.

6. Kumo-Kairo

Kumo-Kairo

Don't forget that it's still pending, it's the old 0.3.3 version on the store. The updated will be 0.5
    OR
    You can always drop me an e-mail and get the package without waiting for an update

7. MD_Reptile

MD_Reptile

Won't be for at least a few days that I'll have the chance - but if I don't see the update then I'll PM you my email address, and get it that way. Thanks for all your hard work on the asset!

8. Kumo-Kairo

Kumo-Kairo

It's finally live

MD_Reptile likes this.