Search Unity

Clumsy Runners, Greenlit

Discussion in 'Made With Unity' started by pan1cmodehere, Dec 17, 2015.

1. pan1cmodehere

pan1cmodehere

Hi everybody,
    I previously showed our game called Robotap in this forums.

Now we've posted another game made with Unity on Steam Greenlight and seems like people love it. We've got #24 place among 1800+ other games there. It's probably not a bad result.

At first glance it's pretty small game, but technically it has some not very easy things. We've implemented our own platformer behaviour almost with no use of PhysX. The game is also has pretty experimental controls. We started this project during 33-hour game dev marathon, and actually took first place in it and got Unity3d license for free :)

Should I tell more in Unity forums, how we did platformer environment?

You can vote for Skedaddle on Greenlight too if you want.

Gametyme and GarBenjamin like this.
  2. GarBenjamin

GarBenjamin

The look of the game is awesome with some fine pixel art. I am a little surprised the Steamers are so excited though. Only because I was under the impression that most desktop gamers were demanding more from their games than the standard mobile games offer.

Maybe they are starting to lighten up over there and realize a good fun game is a good fun game regardless of what hardware is running it. And of course it could simply be more evidence that people who say these kinds of things are basically speaking about what they personally want to believe. lol

Good luck!

3. JeChris

JeChris

You haven't used Raycast and Colliders ?

4. pan1cmodehere

pan1cmodehere

Sorry, haven't noticed your message till that time.
    Initially we implemented our own platformer logic (with raycast and colliders, just custom algorithm). But as time goes, we decided to switch to Primer31's 2D Player Controller and move from there. It prevented us from some bugs.

5. pan1cmodehere

pan1cmodehere

Time goes fast. From my last update on Unity Forums lots of things happened to the game.
    Youtubers showed interest to the game demo, and some of them made really fun reviews, like this one:

We added lots of art, wrote tons of new gameplay logic, were selected to Game Founders Malaysia game dev accelerator, but eventually decided not to go there. Showed Clumsy Runners to thousands of people and so far so good, we love what we are doing.
    Here is the fresh blog post with latest updates: http://blog.plaiko.com/latest-updates-to-clumsy-runners/

And yes, we renamed the game to Clumsy Runners (game was called Skedaddle initially).

Jamster likes this.
  6. SputnixFox

SputnixFox

Damn your pixel art is gorgeous and the game looks dead cute, looks good in motion too. I want that pixel forest mounted on my wall. You have my vote.

Good luck.

pan1cmodehere likes this.
  7. Kos-Dvornik

Kos-Dvornik

Let's play :) Some kind