Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Bug cloth goes invisible after running?

Discussion in 'Linux' started by knobby67, Jul 17, 2016.

1. knobby67

knobby67

Hi All,
    I've tried to apply a cloth physics element to a plane. So I can learn how to use it. However after first running the object goes transparent. If I select the plane I can see the vertexes draw in bright green. However there's no object ( faces? ) to view. even if I remove the cloth element it stays invisible.
    Unsure if this is a bug or my lack of knowledge.

Using b23 and ubuntu.
    Thanks for any help

EDIT should add if I apply cloth I can't edit material is this right?

2. LukaKotar

LukaKotar

Did you add the ClothRenderer component? You need it to render the cloth. Remove the MeshRenderer component, and I think you don't need the Mesh filter either.

3. knobby67

knobby67

Hi When you say cloth render do you mean physics->cloth?
    what I did was add a plane. Then add component->cloth. When I click the "gears box" as per tutorials I'm watching it opens up a "cloth constraints" however on the video every vertex of the plane has a black square that can be clicked on.
    However in my unity build there's no black squares on the vertex only a single white dot in the centre of the plane?

When I press play, unity hangs for a couple of seconds. When I stop the plane has vanished. If I click on the plane in the hierarchy it shows up as green vertextes but is invisible

4. knobby67

knobby67

Ok got it. Not easy to find need to go into skinned mesh render ->mesh and select the object you want to apply the cloth to.
    It took quite a bit of finding. Still don't know why when I don't apply this it permanently breaks the object though.