Search Unity

[WIP] Vehicle Combat/FPS/Flight Sim

Discussion in 'Works In Progress - Archive' started by junglejapes, Oct 29, 2014.

1. junglejapes

junglejapes

It started out as an FPS and then turned into a mars explorer clone... The world is HUGE and walking would take forever... It's the 70's and you start with a Green Hornet-esque death machine. PICTURES BELOW. multiplayer implemented for the fps but not the cars as of yet.

EDIT:

Here's a video:

If anyone likes the way this feels and knows how to build an FPS and knows a bit about inverse kinematics (or finalIK) I'd love to collab.

Last edited: Nov 26, 2014
  2. smd863

smd863

calmcarrots likes this.
  3. theANMATOR2b

theANMATOR2b

Awesome! Love it!

Gotta have a Vette.

4. junglejapes

junglejapes

I have omitted my previous post because I feel like everything could be shown in the short video which I have now added above. I feel pretty good about the car controls and have restarted the first person system because I wan't something more original than the eyes-in-the-chest modern style.

I'm going to try and go for inverse-kinematic arms and full body awareness so you can do some interesting tricks... basically running and jumping in first person has to be as appealing as a flying car. If anyone has any tips on things you want to see in first person let me know.

Where did I park my invisible car?

5. junglejapes

junglejapes

Update: I added full body awareness and some parkour stuff to the game. I couldn't find a game that had exactly what I was looking for in a camera but with a bit of modification to ufps I made it somewhere between 1st person and 3rd person which feels pretty immersive to me.

This is a picture of the player hanging on a ledge. the chunks at the bottom are shards of glass shot out of the window. As of now the hanging portion works but I still need to IK the hand to find the proper ledge and pull the player up. For now I just used a heaving motion.
    hang.png

This is an example of the recoil in the game. With a little bit of inverse kinematics this version of firing from the hip feels more realistic to me.
    recoil.png

This is running, again looking like YOU are running on rooftops
    run.png

Again, if anyone has any suggestions, let me know. Also I'd like to know if people like this camera mirror's edge-like or if they think FPS games are better with the "eyes-in-the-chest"/CoD style camera.