Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Cinema Mo Cap [Released]

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by harrington, Dec 12, 2013.

1. ge01f

ge01f

Any time frame on the dual kinect? Things are pretty shaky on a single kinect and need a lot of cleanup. I'd prefer to stay with Cinema MoCap instead of going to iPi because it's integrated into Unity and has a reasonable 1-time cost.

2. DanoG

DanoG

No timeframe as of yet unfortunately. We will be releasing Kinect v2 support shortly which will fix many of the shakiness problems. We are collaborating with our local University on dual Kinect support and should start to see results mid-February.

Arkade and TonyLi like this.
  3. Misanthropic2013

Misanthropic2013

Just to confirm, the latest version of Cinema MoCap works with the original Kinect? I know in some motion capture programs, you can only use the newer Kinect... I just want to be sure before I purchase. :D

4. DanoG

DanoG

Yes! Works with the original Kinect for Windows or Xbox 360 with USB adapter. Our next version due to release soon will support Kinect v2, and still support original Kinect as well!

5. DanoG

DanoG

Just wanted to update anyone who may be dropping by, to let you know we are very close to releasing Kinect 2 support for Cinema Mo Cap. We know it's been delayed by a couple of days, but we wanted to make sure we did not leave our Kinect 1 customers behind, so this new version will include integration for both Kinects in a single package!

We will begin to release videos/updated tutorial, etc. shortly on our website and YouTube channel. We will keep you updated!

Arkade and OnePxl like this.
  6. DanoG

DanoG

Happy to announce that we have released our new version of Cinema Mo Cap with Kinect 2 support!

https://www.assetstore.unity3d.com/en/#!/content/12620

We appreciate everyone's patience as we went through our extended development to make this happen. Now that we have our algorithms developed for Kinect 2 translations, we have some great features to come in the coming weeks and months, so stay tuned!

TonyLi likes this.
  7. TonyLi

TonyLi

Congratulations on the Kinect 2 support release! I'm participating in a game jam this weekend, and I think I'll bring along a Kinect and the shiny new version of Cinema Mo Cap in case anyone wants to do mocap.

Have you found any improvements over Kinect 1 in capturing three-dimensional movement such as moving your arms in front of your body or turning? Any update on dual Kinect support?

8. ksam2

ksam2

Keep up with good work. I didn't buy it yet. still waiting for more improvement and softer animations.

9. Alexander_DeLarge

Alexander_DeLarge

I have no idea on what to do here. Windows 8.1 64 bit, Unity Project located on drive D with Unity SDK located on drive D as well, Kinect for Windows Device working in the device manager. Everything should be working but it's referencing PrimeSense, something that isn't located anywhere in the documentation of videos.

http://i.imgur.com/0GSu5Vx.png

10. DanoG

DanoG

Definitely a hardware or SDK installation issue. We are taking care of you through support@cinema-suite.com

11. Sphelps

Sphelps

Would buy if it had dual support!!

TonyLi and schmosef like this.
  12. DanoG

DanoG

Wanted to share a quick post of us working on dual-Kinect support. Remember, we wanted this to be real-time, so there has been huge challenges. We are starting to see promising results! DISCLAIMER: no promises here, this is still a research project for us:

vine.co/v/enVxD2IBMlK

artzfx and TonyLi like this.
  13. TonyLi

TonyLi

I'm really glad you're still working on this. I'll keep my fingers crossed that it works out!

DanoG likes this.
  14. jamesccc

jamesccc

Hi,

This product looks amazing!

May i know if the software can record root transform?

And is it possible to save the animation directly to my own rig?

Thanks

15. DanoG

DanoG

Hiya! Yes, you can record root transform. The animation can be applied to your own rig in Unity using Mecanim. However, if you want to natively do this, you would have to open the captured animation (we actually create a Collada file with the animation baked in) in Blender, Maya, etc. and work with the animation that way.

16. centralpixel

centralpixel

We are working with Kinect v2 and there is no option for smoothing, and movements are full of jitters. How We can handle this?

17. DanoG

DanoG

We are working hard on Kinect 2.0 which will address all issues for Kinect 2, including adding filtering options, as well as the full 25 point motion capture rig. We look to release this release in October.

18. Purpleshine84

Purpleshine84

@DanoG Looks very promising. I am looking for a tool like this already for some time. Is it correct that you only need Cinema Mocap and a Kinect to capture the animations?

TheRussianEmpire likes this.
  19. DanoG

DanoG

Yes! You can use Kinect 1 or Kinect 2, with Unity 5x free if you wish.

20. CostelloNicho

CostelloNicho

I am also working with the Kinect 2 after buying your software and the Kinect v2 windows adapter. I Love the interface and the setup was incredibly simple, but when it comes down to it the results are unusable. $60 plugin + $50 dollar adapter and no better off for it.

Is there no smoothing option for kinect v2? The feet and hands twitch constantly, can that be restricted?

Last edited: Jan 7, 2016
  21. DanoG

DanoG

Smoothing for Kinect v2 in this version is definitely an issue. We are very close to our release of Cinema Mo Cap v2, which includes a customizable filtering and smoothing system for Kinect v2.0 that will address all of these issues. It is a major release, so it's taking a bit of time. We will update here as soon as we release.

22. CostelloNicho

CostelloNicho

Thanks for the quick reply Dano, Looking forward to it.

23. AdanGrotesco

AdanGrotesco

Hi, Have you some idea about dual kinect release? i bought this yesterday and the results are too poor.

Sorry for my english and thanks you.

24. TonyLi

TonyLi

I'm just adding a "me too" for dual Kinect again. Cinema Mo Cap is so close to being perfect. It has the potential to completely blow out of the water the more expensive, non-Unity-integrated competitors, if only we could record motions where the actor turns or puts their hands in front of their body.

25. Maikeul

Maikeul

Hello, somebody couldl help me? Because I have just purchased the software of motion capture “Cineme Mo Cap” whom I don’t manage to run: I settled the SDK and the drivers of Kinect 1 who works because the green indicator light ignites, then I downloaded and imported the “Cinema Mo Cap” software since Unity’s asset store, but when I click the red button of on/off the image of the screen shot of displays not, and in the console the following message appear:
    " Note that OpenNI2 requires you to move the Redist directories from C:\Program Files\PrimeSense\NiTE2\Redist and C:\Program Files\OpenNI2\Redist to your Unity project's root directory.
    Failed to load driver and middleware, consider setting the Zig Input Type to Auto "

26. AdanGrotesco

AdanGrotesco

Any answer from the support? I spent 60 in this tool u_u

27. TonyLi

TonyLi

Sometimes the forums don't correctly notify people. Perhaps @DanoG could help?

28. DanoG

DanoG

Adan...yes, the Unity forum did not notify me that you posted. Sorry about that.

We submitted version 2.0 to the store about 5 days ago and they have yet to approve. Email me directly - dan@cinema-suite.com and I will make sure you get the new version.

29. DanoG

DanoG

Installing the Kinect and getting it to work properly can be a difficult hardware problem to solve when the Kinect doesn't install properly. Even though you get a green light on your Kinect doesn't mean all the drivers have properly installed on your machine (it is just telling you the device has power)

Here's a troubleshooting thread on our forum for all sorts of advice on how to get Kinect running properly.

http://cinema-suite.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=46

Once the device is installed properly on your computer, Cinema Mo Cap will run fine. That error is a generic error that simple means "we cannot find the Kinect on your computer"

Also, you need to plug the Kinect into your USB and have everything installed BEFORE you open Unity.

30. DanoG

DanoG

We'd like to have Dual Kinect as well. But, we have other priorities with the main package that need to be implemented (especially with Kinect 2) that have taken priority over this. We are also developing a facial capture tool.

We have the prototype, we have seen results, but again the challenge on dual kinect in run-time has been a much more difficult development project then anyone would have anticipated. We continue to work on it.

31. TonyLi

TonyLi

I appreciate the update.

The facial capture tool sounds like a great idea! The absence of Mixamo's FacePlus leaves a nice gap to be filled there.

32. DanoG

DanoG

Everyone,

Cinema Mocap 2 has now been approved and is on the Asset Store. We have depreciated Cinema Mo Cap v1. We are allowing all current users to upgrade to Cinema Mocap 2 for free. Grab it now while it's at no cost! It has a wealth of new features including:

- Filtering and smoothing for Kinect 2
    - Body Masking
    - Saving, editing mocap sessions
    - Fully customizable UI
    - Much more!

TonyLi likes this.
  33. TonyLi

TonyLi

Is Cinema Mocap 2 included in Cinema Suite? I have the latest Cinema Suite as well as Cinema Mocap 1, but the Asset Store shows an upgrade price of $20 from Mocap 1 to Mocap 2.

34. DanoG

DanoG

Yes, it's included with Cinema Suite. Also, it lists a $20 upgrade, but we've set the upgrade to have a free grace period.

TonyLi likes this.
  35. DanoG

DanoG

Just to update you, Cinema Mo Cap 2 fixes all of these issues and more. Make sure you upgrade ASAP while it's free.

36. DanoG

DanoG

New version is live on the Asset Store. Upgrade now and it will be free.

37. AdanGrotesco

AdanGrotesco

Really thank you for the answer. I will test it soon!

38. AdanGrotesco

AdanGrotesco

Hi, i tested the last version right now and have a lot of improvement. Great work!

I have a question... i'm thinking about buy a kinect v2 but, there are many differences between kinect v1 and v2? or i should wait for two kinects support?
    thanks and really sorry for my english.

39. DanoG

DanoG

The main difference is the model will now capture 25 points of data instead of 20, including head and neck. K2 also captures 30FPS standard at a higher resolution.

40. BenniKo

BenniKo

This asset is no longer available in the assetstore.
    What's the reason?
    Are there any alternatives?