Search Unity

Character Creation System - [RELESED]

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by poboczny, Jul 13, 2014.

1. poboczny

poboczny

Heya !

Straight to answer your questions:
    1. You propably need to rewrite some things + reorganise few things to work properly with your project.
    I would go here for instantiating the prefab that instantiates saved armor or body parts (rewritting needed)
    2. I dont fully understand what you suggest here ;) If you want to add your own things into the package go for it.
    System should work if armor is on the same bone structure as the body.
    + I'm swithing off and on some body parts when there is some armor on.

As for the rest currently I had a break because of million things to do at my work.
    In few next weeks I shoould have more time to heavily return to this package and continue on making some cool stuff :D
    All male armor are in the proces of recreation so hopefully you'll see some good stuff :)

Cheers !

2. andrewwatt96

andrewwatt96

hey dude awesome tool by the way!, Quick question, how can we save characters we make in the editor for use in other scenes? Like saving them as a prefab? I tried pausing the editor and saving the modified prefab state, but upon load most of the textures are gone.

3. Sehlor

Sehlor

No updates in a long time, want more updates. :)

4. poboczny

poboczny

Heya !

@andrewwatt96 - saving them is on your side. There are many ways to do that.
    Saving the prefab might not be a good way. (or try to have all armor referrencing to the resources folder).
    A better resolution is to have a script that remembers the name (or the ID) of the item and the script should instatiate the armor when loaded on the start. Try this way.

@Sehlor - I'm half way in an upcoming update. Next planned updates are:

1. male armor - more items, proper textures and normal maps.
    2. female armor - more items, proper textures and normal maps
    3. redone skeletor with proper textures and normal maps
    4. new hairstyles with transparrent texture (this might be a paid update)

These are already planned and the first update of male armor is already half way :)
    I have new or polished meshes, new smooth groups, more items and props.
    They already have UV maps and are almost properly rigged.
    Whats left is to finish rigging, make normal maps and textures.
    (+ some export)

I have more free time now after work so hopefuly I'll be able to show you some new WIP screens of the armor :)

If you have more questions dont hasitate to ask them :)

Cheers ! :)

5. Sehlor

Sehlor

Yay!

Cheers! :)

6. Sehlor

Sehlor

Also a question,

When i convert characters into Humanoid rigs for mecanim, animations getting wierd, how can i fix that?

7. poboczny

poboczny

Heya !

It depends what animations can fix, but you can fix the standard animations you have by yourself with a view for them.
    Check humanoid animations to adjust please.

And for all who are waiting for the new update I will post some screen in next 2 weeks :)
    (they are WiP but worth waiting for :))

8. Sehlor

Sehlor

9. directedchaos

directedchaos

hey, I see a bunch of cool updates, awesome! unfortunately, I'm not on 5 -- does it need to be 5 only?

10. poboczny

poboczny

Heya ! no I guess it doesnt need to be unity 5 since it was working in unity 4.6 and I changed almost nothing - except switched to new shaders which also changed nothing.

To all: Due to huge amount of work and some personal amount of work there hasnt been an update in a long time now.
    I mentioned that I'm half way with new update but had no time.

As a bigger break in the project I've started to build a smaller asset (different stuff) for asset store.

But after releasing the asset mentioned above I will be working only on this project.

Since some time passed I've leared alot on the way I'd like to refresh many things in a step by step process.
    I've mentioned it before already, it will be: hairstyles and facial hairs with a proper transparency, new skeleton body, redone armor for male and female seperatly. And maybe finally a new female body with her own bones and not shared with male character !

As an extra stuff I will be thinking about moving the animations to mecanim/generic animations in the builds, since it is already done and is working as humanoid or generic animations, but the demo code is still old.

All that should finish the package and will give me some space to bring more and new different armor, weapons and animations in some extra packages that will be working perfectly with this package.

I will keep you posted as soon as I'll finish current asset :)

Cheers ! :)

11. poboczny

poboczny

Heya ! as promissed something I'm working on as it goes to new Update :)

I hope you like it :)

This is all WiP, so dont get excited too much :p

Tortyfoo and Paykoman like this.
  12. nosyrbllewe

nosyrbllewe

Do you have any plans to port this to UMA (https://www.assetstore.unity3d.com/en/#!/content/35611)? I am currently looking for medieval armor for my game using UMA and I think your system would work great if it were expanded to cover UMA as it would allow much more customization.

13. Gozdek

Gozdek

Looks nice.

14. poboczny

poboczny

Heya Gozdek and thank you :) it is WiP so export more pretty and finish stuff in the future :)

nosyrbllewe - I dont have plans currently to put it into UMA. I will find out what it takes to prepear it for UMA after I'll finish the update.

Currently I've started to sculpt normal clothing - so adding alot of wrinkles and changing few textures.

If exporting it to Uma will be easy than why not :)

15. poboczny

poboczny

And some new staff !
    I'm currently at the rigging/export part with both male and female clothing already.
    Next stop is sculpting, normal maps and textures.

16. witchscroll

witchscroll

looks nice.

I suggest you make some outfits about viking, like the outfit weared on The Skellige Isles peoples [wither3]
    their clothes are a mix of blue color, red color, white color streaks and grids. some outfits have leather and fur part.
    also suggest you make a few mask that cover full face or half face for ranger and assiassin.

good luck.

17. poboczny

poboczny

Heya !

@witchscroll - these are great idea, though I'm not thinking of any new design for this package. new armor sets will be added quite soon I guess in a new package. For this I'm focus on quality and polishing + proper implementation and some good rig.

As an update I'm almost done with export and rig testing :) soon I'll be posting some ready armor sets that will be in the next update. (for both male and female)

cheers ! :)

18. witchscroll

witchscroll

19. poboczny

poboczny

Heya ! The game looks nice !
    And youre using the character from the blacksmith :p
    I'm working hard to actually have a stable rig/parts armor meshes for male and female.
    Its 4th time since 2 weeks that I'm revisiting them and redoing.

I'll be also posting some specifications for verticles numbers of the meshes and armor pieces.
    Also there will be more textuures to have a better quality.

What you saw above was a higher poly version that will be baked into the lower poly models so that the game is optimized also for mobiles or any platform. (it really depends o the entire project)

When I'm tired of this package I already started to sketch some expansion armor and cloaks ! (yes, cloaks!)
    that are working pretty well on the higher quality PCs.
    Also I'm planning to put into the expansion some extra animations for sword, axe or 2h weapons fighting.
    Expansion will be a seperate package with its own price, but will perfectly fitting this package.

I'm going back to work now ! :)
    I will keep you posted :)

Cheers !

20. poboczny

poboczny

Heya !

Here are some news:

1. All meshes of armor for male are done !
    2. Entirely new female body in mesh is ready (texturing and baking left)
    3. All armor for female will be entirely new !
    4. Many animations will change - I have a huge improvement on them !
    5. New skeleton model
    6. new hairstyles with a proper, transparrent texture !

I'm actually trying very hard every day after work to have new release before the new year,
    but there is plenty of work still to be done, so propably at the end of January.

I will post you with new pics or videos maybe even next week :)

21. Ellipc

Ellipc

Looks nice.

22. witchscroll

witchscroll

hope can see the release soon. my indie game need it. good luck.

23. Ysgramor

Ysgramor

Im really impresed with this asset, after years passed, and still alive and making better

Keep up the good work ;)

24. poboczny

poboczny

Heya !

Yeah I'm trying to make this package as best as possible and start
    doing a new one that will be as stand alone and also will be an expansion to this one,
    having almost the same amount of content and/or at least some creazy good features.

Today I finished female armor sets in mesh, and currently I will be testing them all.
    May take a while since export takes a while of all items.

Since its only a mesh (white traingles :p) I will not show anything yet.

Most screens will come when I'll start to bake textures, normal maps and specular on the items or female body itself :)

(Expansion pack also is in the process of making, when I'm fed with this package :p I started to shape some new armor and animations that are currently crazy :) and ekhem.... NPC script, and also... some cloaks :) )

I hope you will enjoy it :)

cheers !

theANMATOR2b likes this.
  25. witchscroll

witchscroll

hi poboczny

can't wait to test it in my indie game. i suggest you make the scale of your project smaller, do not developing 2 project at the same time. hope i can see the release soon. do not let a release take too long time.

26. poboczny

poboczny

Hey man !

What do you mean by the scale of the project ?
    (in upcoming release there will be more armor pieces to each slot: more helmets, more chests, more belts, boots and gloves :p)

Also I'm not in a hurry with the release since I prefere to have a good product than a buggy one :p

So far its getting foreward and hopefully it will stay this way.

Oh one thing I've forgotten to mention:
    There are soo many new items, almost all reworked, so the new update will be propably a paid update.
    (not expensive but I spend so much time and put huge effort to make it work and be better than perfect)
    + there might be more features or reworked things coming that I didnt mentioned yet in this package but I will when the time will come :p

27. Sehlor

Sehlor

We Demand Trial By Combat.

Oh sorry, wrong phrase.

We demans screenshots!

28. poboczny

poboczny

Heya Sehlor :) Screenshots should come soon since just 5 minuts ago
    I exported and tested all female armor parts and I'm happy about what I have :)

I will now start to work on sculpting, normal maps, textures and some renders finally to show to you guys ! :)

So expect next post from me soon and with some renders :)

cheers ! :)

29. poboczny

poboczny

Heya ! So sculpting and texturing has started !
    Which means that at the end of January for sure a new update will come :)

I'll be posting alot of screens of these kind on the way and also/maybe more from in game/unity print screens of hoow it goes :)

New screens of how WiP looks like :)

I hope you like it ! :)

Cheers !

Last edited: Jan 5, 2016
    theANMATOR2b likes this.
  30. poboczny

poboczny

And the Cloth Armor Set is ready :)

31. witchscroll

witchscroll

I suggest make your camera lower while take screenshot. like the screenshot you post at 20151113

hope a release coming soon.

32. poboczny

poboczny

Thanks, It's a print screen from Unity WiP, though these clothing will be in the next update.
    Hopefully this month :) There is still soo much work on it :)

33. witchscroll

witchscroll

you forget the hood.
    good news. my indie game need them.

34. Sehlor

Sehlor

Cannot Wait to get my hands on them!

35. poboczny

poboczny

Heya !
    I'm half way through the final stage of the package, but due to few days break there will be a small delay.
    Currently planned release (sending for pending) will be at about end of the first week of Februrary.
    I will cut some parts like new skeleton to make rest quite ready and done.
    Thank you for waiting and for patience !
    Cheers!

36. poboczny

poboczny

Oh though I have a new scene to share ! :)
    Clean and sharp :p
    More screens soon :)

37. poboczny

poboczny

Heya ! While still working on female clothing I have something to share on the way :)
    I'll also try to update the forum with a short movie of Ubrin.

Cheers !

38. witchscroll

witchscroll

looks nice!
    how many polygons your character have ?
    it looks your character hight is 7heads, is it? why not use 7.5 or 8heads hight ?
    can't wait to see the release date.

39. poboczny

poboczny

Heya and thanks.

1. Screens above are high poly, but with the release there will be new screens from real time. Poly count for characters is about 4k to 5k verts. with armor it is slightly more, depending on the armor.

2. characters are 7.5 heads, only the cape is above the head.

3. I have 4 sets of male armor ready, also 2 female armor sets ready. Today and tomorrow I'm planning to finish another 2 sets of armor for female and on friday propably I'll be sculpting and baking new female body. As a finishers I'll fix some animations which I already almost have and also I'll be making some commercial video or screens for the asset store. So I'm actually really close to release this package :)

I hope this answers your questions :)

cheers !

40. Jaimi

Jaimi

Looking good! Would really love to see UMA versions of the clothing/armor.

gman likes this.
  41. Hans

Hans

i have been watching the progress of your Ubrin - character-creation-system, are all the updates you are doing now , will they be added to this system ?
    And will it get regular updates?
    Thanks for your reply

42. poboczny

poboczny

Heya ! New updates will be added quite soon. Regular updates no, rather improvements from time to time now.
    Though expect extra packages that will work with this system :)

And something to share ! I just finished bakking textures and normal maps for all female sets !

Now female sculpt is on the way and some fixes + specular and the package is ready !

So all in all I almost finished with the new update :):):)

43. witchscroll

witchscroll

Hi poboczny
    what's the difference between new update and regular update?
    actualy i do not care if they will be added to your exist plugin package, or a brand new pack.
    frankly say, i think these characters looks much better than you made earlier years.
    I suggest release them as a new pack. no need armors switch ability. you may release them one single character one single pack.
    look forward to it.

about
    I'm not a fan of lowpoly, sometimes it means lowquiality, but it looks like you have done well with such few verts.
    in my indie game, i use the challenger as my main character, it's way to much polygons, 500k i guess, it's a boom!
    hope your character with armor is between 6k----9k and with good quality, that's enough.
    hope i can find a suitble character from your uncoming pack for replace the challenger in my indie game.

44. poboczny

poboczny

1. what do you mean by a regular ? I mean Im refreshing this package from time to time with many different things from time to time.
    2. It will be within this package though if you bought this package a while ago there will be a paid update.

I guess that with armor its from 6k to 10k even.
    Low poly is a must in games, even in latest games, you still need low poly, and maybe you'll want to use this package in a mobile game than this number of verts also can be enought to run it.

I'm going back to finish this update :p

45. poboczny

poboczny

Oh and speculars are ready also !

46. poboczny

poboczny

Heya ! Uhh... that was a long time !!! :p
    I have finished the female body, textures, faces and all armor sets for all.

Whats left: few animations polishing, promo video and screens ! :) :) :)

And here will come an update !!! :p

47. poboczny

poboczny

Heya !

All animations are refreshed and ready to go.
    Marketing lleft only which is some screens and a movie.
    I'm thinking about few movies like: animations only, characters only, female and male sets only.
    All in all package is ready :) When promo materials are ready, this forum will be first to know about it :)
    cheers !

48. poboczny

poboczny

So.... the package... is... pending !!! :)

And I'm proud to share with you a latest movie of a package version 5.51 !

Oh btw just to let you know, package will cost $135
    And update is paid ($30)
    I've raised the prices due to huge improvement on
    the package and also due to huge amount of time spent on it.

Last edited: Feb 16, 2016
    TeagansDad likes this.
  49. witchscroll

witchscroll

just saw the youtube video above, looks good.
    suggest release a free version [only include 1set armor+1male character+1sword] for user to test before make decide to buy. some people may need to see if your stuff right fit in their project/scene.
    suggest make a few sailer/pirate cloth/armor/hat
    in your video, the bow didn't be drag to full while using it.
    the camera position in your video still looks too high, it make the character looks lower.
    glad to see there is a draw sword from back animation in the video. but it played while the other hand equip/unequip sword to side. is it only use for 2 weapon pose?

thanks.

TeagansDad likes this.
  50. poboczny

poboczny

Heya !

Thank you for so many questions and I'll gladly answer :)

1. free version for now is impossible, unless without scripts or animations - that might be done
    2. I'm in a process of making a heavy full plate expansion pack with some extrass on top :) In the future I might think about some pirate set - cool idea :)
    3. I'm still thinking on how to handle the bow animations, I might have 2 or 3 sollutions though I had no chances yet to start on it.
    4. camera works fine for me - it has only show purpose, though I'll take a closer look on it once you've mentioned :)
    5. yes, it is made for 1h, 2x 1h and 1h with shield. when the camera is behind the character it also hides in a better way the shield equipping if you have it. also it should not bother in game for the second hand to reach in the second sword possition, since the hand should go somewhere there while equipping 1h anyhow (it might sometimes :p)

And something extra that is comming to the store: (some pics)

video shows it better, but these also are in game screens.
    There are much more itams for each slot, and many other things.

I'll post the release notes once the package is accepted by asset store :)