Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Changed from Case Sensitive to Case Insensitive and Still Not Working

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by QueenSonora, Oct 3, 2013.

1. QueenSonora

QueenSonora

Hello everyone,

I've had Unity before on Windows, but recently got a Mac and now I'm using Unity on my Mac. Like other people, I came across the problem of my Mac being case sensitive and therefore, Unity isn't able to work. Specifically, my Mac is set to Mac OS Extended, Case Sensitive, Journaled. I did not want to reformat my Mac to be case insensitive, because it is used and I don't have the original disk. I made a new partition, and it is Mac OS Extended Journaled.

At first, Unity worked when I installed it to this partition. However, the assets store wasn't working, so I saved my project under my Case Sensitive partition and after that, Unity crashed and stopped working. I started getting the error that it was Case Sensitive, but it's obviously installed on the new partition! I uninstalled and reinstalled twice and I even deleted the partition and made a new one; still no luck.

Are there any suggestions as to what I should do? Btw, I am slightly new to using a Mac. I did a lot of google searches and couldn't find any answers.

Thanks guys.

2. Eric5h5

Eric5h5

Volunteer Moderator Moderator

It would be better to reformat using the standard non-case sensitive format. There are quite a few apps and games that don't work right with a case-sensitive file system. You can buy a new install disk, or buy and download a newer OS version from Apple and make an install USB stick (since they don't sell disk versions of the newer OS versions). 10.8 costs $20 so that shouldn't be too big a deal.

--Eric

3. QueenSonora

QueenSonora

Okay, I guess I'll do that. The non-case sensitive format is Mac OS Extended (Journaled) right? Is there a certain way to make an install usb stick? Or do I just download the OS onto the usb once I buy it?

Thanks!