Search Unity

Champion Brawl - Arena PvP [WIP]

Discussion in 'Works In Progress - Archive' started by tubbz0r, Jul 29, 2014.

1. tubbz0r

tubbz0r

Champion Brawl
    Arena PvP Game

TARGET PLATFORM: PC (Windows, Linux), Mac OS X.

Core Gameplay

Champion Brawl is a competitive arena styled action online game where it’s main focus is
    solely on PvP Combat. Competing in difficulty Leagues to gain the highest ranking based solely
    on skill is the main objective. Each player is ranked based on their win to loss ratio and is given
    a MMR score based on their performance. Each player will fight other players whose MMR
    matches theirs to give equal opportunity and balance out fair fights for all players.
    There are 5 leagues with their own ranks, once a player reaches a certain rank within a league,
    the player advances to the next league. With each new advancement onto the next league, the
    better each player will be. For each league system there are different sets (1v1, 2v2, 3v3, 6v6).
    As you progress onto higher ranks, you obtain new more stylish and stronger gear to help you get even higher.
    You are able to purchase items that do not effect gameplay whatsoever but are unique aesthetically pleasing unique outfits that may either fit your play style or general mood!
    Purchasable items range anywhere from silly hats to epic swords.

Combat
    The core gameplay is reliant on reaction time and accuracy of each player. There is no tab targeting and no auto aim, you must try and aim your spells and attacks directly at your player in hopes to hit them if they do not react to defend themselves quickly enough. Choice is one of the key impacts that is critical and could change the outcome of the match. Each player has an array of skills to choose from to kill or cripple their enemy to win. Each opponent has the ability to counter that benefit but only given a certain time frame to select that skill or else the original player gains full advantage of their skill which could in turn effect the results of the
    match. Within the game level, there are objects and obstacles that each player must avoid while
    fighting or else they may hinder their chances of winning. Player alertness, decisiveness and
    knowledge of their opponents skills and patterns is their key to winning each match.

Character Development
    We really wanted a class system really unique to allow a range of play styles yet also as much customization to the player as possible. You will be able to select and customize two unique classes and mold them to your liking. For example having a Warrior and a Mage as your main classes allows you to change and modify your spells. a warriors charge attack could also do additional fire damage or if you wanted it could slow the enemy with frost for 5 seconds. You decide which attacks suit your play style!

Check us out!
    Youtube : https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCqjO2hhpE-eDx2xeBYlkj6w
    Twitter : https://twitter.com/ChampionBrawl
    Twitch : http://www.twitch.tv/datguyseathus

We will be doing regular updates so you guys can see our progress!

Concept Art:

Mage + Warrior class

Rogue + Mage class

Last edited: Sep 1, 2014
  2. tubbz0r

tubbz0r

UPDATE #1

This is update #1 Here we focused on the following:
    • Networking
    • Animation
    • Spells
    • Classes
    We will have weekly updates, if you have any feedback I would love to hear them. Cheers :)

3. tubbz0r

tubbz0r

NEW UPDATE!

We've made huge progress so far. I will be releasing a new video with all the latest updates soon. But for now here is an image of our current state!

4. tubbz0r

tubbz0r

ANOTHER UPDATE!

Major progress with casting spells! I've been working on damage reduction, dealing damage, dodge chance and health values over the network. So far things are going great! On the side, I've been working on weapon customization which is coming along nicely, which I will show soon. But for now here are one of the spells for a rogue which provides damage reduction:

Click me to see the GIF!

5. ReeRoo

ReeRoo

The concept of the game sounds great, I really like the concept art and the fact that there is no aiming aid system. The idea sounds solid so far. The player animations look good so far, I can see that there is much that you still have to do to bring your idea to its final stage but I am looking forward to the updates. should be interesting to see the player models and combat system come to life :).

6. tubbz0r

tubbz0r

Thanks, I have a lot of work to do on this game but hopefully it all comes along nicely :)

7. tubbz0r

tubbz0r

AUGUST UPDATE:

We've made tons of progress and going to be releasing a new update video soon. For now while we're fixing a few bugs (specifically matchmaking) here is a list of what we've completed so far:

• Basic Matchmaking
    • Spell cooldowns
    • Class System
    • Character Selection
    • Character Creation
    • Chat System
    • Overall completion of class spells - So far each class has 4 spells. Loads more to come soon.
    • Patch Notes
    • Account System
    • Basic Shop HUD
    • Settings window
    We've still got tons to do but our plans are to get most of the basics running so we can have people playing our game as soon as possible and providing regular updates.

Thanks!

8. tubbz0r

tubbz0r

LATEST UPDATE:
    We have implemented the following:
    • Spell cooldowns
    • Class System
    • Character Selection
    • Character Creation
    • Chat System
    • Overall completion of class spells - So far each class has 4 spells. Loads more to come soon.
    • Patch Notes
    • Account System

Don't forget to follow our twitter for more frequent updates!
    https://twitter.com/ChampionBrawl