Search Unity

CCU count not going down

Discussion in 'Multiplayer' started by corban123, Apr 10, 2016.

1. corban123

corban123

Hey guys,

So for some reason, our CCU count is not going down. We have nobody in game playing, and for some reason when we start a game, the CCU count will sometimes go up, and then when we quit, it won't go down. We're currently at 14 CCU, but none of my developers are hosting or running a game. Any idea? Thanks!

2. Zero123

Zero123

i m also seeing this bug its super annoying. The ccu limit does not seem to go down. This is a critical issue and is stopping us from development.

3. virror

virror

Welcome to the club!

4. iggkrajc

iggkrajc

I am also getting this with my local project.

Unity TEAM LETS GO

Last edited: Apr 10, 2016
  5. _FLX

_FLX

You must wait at least half a day to see it decreasing, don't ask me why.

Here's my advice :
    I don't think this will be fixed soon, and I'm 90% sure if this is fixed there will be another blocking problem just behind which will also take months to fix.

So, if you really need matchmaking features, don't lose more time :
    - Use a third party tool ($$$)
    - Start learning to do that yourself (took this way, no regrets)

6. iggkrajc

iggkrajc

Unity Team clearly is not serious about making uNet a production service.

This bug has made my decision easier, I am moving forward without uNet.

7. Stephen_O

Stephen_O

I'm sad to say I'm experiencing this too and thought I have done something or an update broke my logic. I'd love to hear from Unity a cause and solution for this bug.

It seems the mm server is keeping our destroyed matches so when querying for games the matches that should not exist are appearing in the list while the CCU keeps rising. Restarting Unity, or my machine does not have an effect on this count, so I'm lead to believe this is the actual mm server or something to that degree. The mm server should destroy the game when the player's are not in it after a timeout, this is not happening, it's as if the mm server is not responding to requests to leave or destroy the match.

8. hakankaraduman

hakankaraduman

I have a similar problem but I don't think it's the same. At the unity multiplayer dashboard, it doesn't reduce the "Currently used ccu count" but It also doesn't show old matches when I list the matches on the matchmaker.

9. JeremyUnity

JeremyUnity

An update from this thread about the CCU issue

"On update on the issue: the fix is ready and being propped and QAd in our staging environment, there were some issues we needed to sort out with the deployment but it should be done soon. Since there is some uncertainty about this I can't promise an exact time, as soon as I know more I'll report it here."

10. Alabatross

Alabatross

Random question, but I thought this might be a good place to ask. Does the CCU limit only apply to the matchmaking services? Is the LLAPI bound by any sort of CCU limit if it doesn't use Unity matchmaking services?

GrymmyD likes this.
  11. virror

virror

If you use the relay servers and/or the matchmaking your CCU will be affected, so most likely yes, unless you have your own server or use NAT punchthrough.