Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Cave In

Discussion in 'Works In Progress - Archive' started by tpelham42, May 24, 2015.

1. tpelham42

tpelham42

Hello All,

I've been working on a first person puzzle adventure game for a little while and wanted to start getting some feedback on the progress we're making. It's still early in development and there is a lot to be done.

Story
    You are Felicia Knight out on a day hike when you come across a hole in the ground leading to an underground facility. How long has this facility been here? Where is everyone now and what was the purpose of this place?

About
    Cave In is a story driven puzzle adventure inspired by games like Myst and The Longest Journey. We originally started development on the Unreal engine, but switched over to Unity because I was more familiar with Unity and Unity 5 was looking pretty sweet.

Cave In is a bit of a mystery adventure story with a female protagonist. The puzzles in the game involve finding items and using said items in the environment. The puzzles are meant to make sense for the environment and story and are not intended to be abstract.

Alpha Teaser

Alpha Demo
    We now have a playable alpha demo available to help generate more feedback. Please let us know what you think.

Get it here

Links
    Main Website: http://www.caveingame.com

YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/user/nitrousbutterfly

IndieDB: http://www.indiedb.com/games/cave-in

Twitter: @nitrousb_games

Thanks for checking out Cave In and any feedback is welcome. We're still deep in development and one of our main tasks at the moment is getting voice actors for the dialog in the game.

Last edited: Jul 31, 2015
  2. titantomorrow

titantomorrow

Looks technically good, sound effects are good. I think maybe a more compelling story line than stumbling on an underground facility. I almost stopped watching the you tube video through boredom especially when I read that there was no horror (not that I'm into horror).

3. tpelham42

tpelham42

Thanks for the feedback titantomorrow. I certainly agree it's a tad on the dull side and the video, I suppose, is more of a tech demo than a game play demo as there are many story elements and interactions not yet done. Thanks again for the feedback! :)

4. tpelham42

tpelham42

Updated Cave In description and added new teaser video and alpha demo download links. Try out the alpha demo and let us know what you think.

Alpha Demo download.

5. Mister-D

Mister-D

looks good but the music doesnt really fit the atmosphere, it should be gloomy and slow and shouldnt contain beats in my opinion

6. tpelham42

tpelham42

Thanks for the feedback. I assume you mean for the video and not in the alpha demo itself? We didn't want the video to be overly gloomy/boring and felt the music fit the more mysterious atmosphere we were shooting for.

7. Mister-D

Mister-D

ok, i really want the music to just be pads and atmospherics really , graphics look good! keep it up

8. tpelham42

tpelham42

The in game music is place holder, but more ambient/atmospheric than that used in the teaser video. We're currently working to gain an audience for the project while we continue to develop. Thanks again for the feedback! :)

Mister-D likes this.