Search Unity

Catharsis Alpha

Discussion in 'Made With Unity' started by Nirvan, Sep 17, 2014.

1. Nirvan

Nirvan

Hi, I want to show you game which firstly was created for Microsoft's Imagine Cup.
    Because of this I not added violent and too much darkness to this, anyway game didn't go through, so now I can develop project with more freedom ;).

You can check game on indieDB: http://www.indiedb.com/games/catharsis
    Yesterday there was uploaded gameplay video from game on the biggest channel on youtube!
    Gameplay with Pewdiepie: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e0nFrzzdMhs&list=UU-lHJZR3Gqxm24_Vd_AJ5Yw

This game offers to you very unique system of manipulating objects.
    You will actually use your own hands, you must toutch something to grab it and move.
    You can catch something with left hand ( for example torch ) and something else
    with the right hands ( for example box ) at the same time!
    In next versions this system will be upgraded ;)

Click to play on gameshed.com!

Gameplay is placed in player's dream world ( maybe more nightmare world ), which appearance describes condition of character's soul.
    *spoiler It will be discovered during gameplay that player's character is in clinical death.

In labirynth you have to find doors which can lead you to memories, where because of you someone suffered,
    it gives you a chance to fix it. ( not added in alpha ) This is a point of game, repair your sins enough to back to life.

Biggest part of gameplay will be exploring labirynth of mind, where you will meet a lot of surrealistic places, things, events and characters.
    Everything will affect on your consciousness level. If you have less consciousness everything will move, look strange and if you loose this too much you will fade in limbo. ( consciousness goes down all the time, so be hurry )
    Of course you can regenerate it by founding items from your real personal life, or by looking on regular items.
    ( blue corners mean that you're regenerating ) When you make progress, level will change right after you, you'll have to come back
    to previous places to see if something or everything changed.

I was thinking making this game work with oculus rift ( unity pro needed :( even if I have possibility to use oculus ) and hand controllers, It could be awesome!
    So, if you're interested you can play alpha version and let me know what do you think about my idea.

Special thanks for Bartosz Fórmaniak and Julia Mac for help before submiting project to Imagine Cup.

Thanks.

Last edited: Sep 17, 2014
  2. imaginaryhuman

imaginaryhuman

I think anyone showcasing a game should include at least one screenshot here and not require people to go elsewhere.

3. Nirvan

Nirvan

Ok I added few screanshots on post but on indieDB is there many screenshots already ;)