Search Unity

Cat Animation, FBX and Skin Morph

Discussion in 'Asset Importing & Exporting' started by Deleted User, Jun 17, 2011.

1. Deleted User

Deleted User

i found some threads discussing that the skin morph modifier is not supported by unity and if it would, then it would take performance too.

for my reasons i need a way to collapse the skin morphs in 3dsmax (2010 btw) to get them somehow in unity. maybe
    without collapsing the cat animation itself. i can't allow realtime morphings in my unity project, even if it would work, cause it should run with maximum speed on i-devices!

what can i do to get my skin-morph results into unity?

2. zipper

zipper

If you absolutely can't use morphs, then you need to redo the morphs with bones instead. There is no way to collapse the morphs into a format UT will understand, since morphs are vertex animations and UT only supports bone animations.. Unless you script the morph target animations yourself.

BTW, if you roll your own morph system, it can be very fast, as long as you are only updating the vertices that actually change and you limit the amount of vertices you use when creating morph targets.

zipper

3. Deleted User

Deleted User

thnx for the info. after hours of thinking and searching for a solution i finally came to the same idea, to morph with aditional bones on the desired aeras. it's a dirty workaround but also very flexible. i can just suggest this solution to others too! i am happy now and all my bendings on the model are looking great =)

4. MikeUpchat

MikeUpchat

Did you try any of the Morph solutions at all, MegaFiers, or UniMorph or one of the others out there? Do you have any pics you can show?