Search Unity

Capture Screenshot from iPhone and save it in documents folder.

Discussion in 'iOS and tvOS' started by qamarzaman, Apr 13, 2011.

1. qamarzaman

qamarzaman

Hay,

I want to Capture a screenshot with programming in iphone and save it into "Documents" Folder in iphone app's directory structure. And later use this file to send on Facebook, i have prime31's social integration plugin.

Please give some code if possible.

2. Mantas-Puida

Mantas-Puida

3. qamarzaman

qamarzaman

Thanks for responding mantasp,

Application.CaptureScreenshot captures screenshots and stores it in a path specified, The problem is that i can successfully save screenshot in "Documents" folder by using path Application.dataPath.Replace("Data", "Doucments"); by using unity 1.5 . but can not save screenshot in unity 3.3 by using same code, reason is that in unity 3.3 the documents folder is not in the same place as was in unity 1.5. as i've checked it by using standard directory functions.

I want to know where is the "Documents" folder or Resources folder in iphone app
    or how can i get the path to that folder...

Please respond.

4. qamarzaman

qamarzaman

please give some comments........

5. marjan

marjan

You actually don´t need to save anything because Application.CaptureScreenshot("Screenshot.png"); saves it automatically for you.
    The problem would rather be how to access it afterwords from within unity.

I only know how to access this from Objective c. How to get the path from within Unity without using a plugin i cannot tell in the moment, but i bet a search in the forum (or answers.unity3d.com) for "documents" should reveal a solution.

for example this here

6. Mantas-Puida

Mantas-Puida

In Unity iPhone 1.x there was bug, which caused to return slightly incorrect path to the Data folder. Later it was fixed and thus your script from older version doesn't work anymore. Since Unity 3.3 you can use http://unity3d.com/support/documentation/ScriptReference/Application-persistentDataPath.html to get Documents folder without any additional path manipulations.

7. siberman

siberman

Hey there,

I'm trying to capture a screen shot on iOS and just have it appear with the other pictures on the device. I found this code on Unity Answers

using UnityEngine;
    using System.Collections;

public class TakeScreenshot : MonoBehaviour
    {
    private int screenshotCount = 0;

// Check for screenshot key each frame
    void Update()
    {
    // take screenshot on touch

if (Input.touches.Length > 1)
    {
    string screenshotFilename;
    do
    {
    screenshotCount++;
    screenshotFilename = "screenshot" + screenshotCount + ".png";

} while (System.IO.File.Exists(screenshotFilename));

// audio.Play();

Application.CaptureScreenshot(screenshotFilename);
    }
    }
    }

But i can't find the file it saves (if indeed it saves one)

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Simon

8. Games-Foundry

Games-Foundry

Couple of modifications required if you want to retrieve the file, at least for iOS...

screenshotFilename = "screenshot" + screenshotCount + ".png";
    screenshotFilepath = Application.persistentDataPath + "/" + screenshotFilename;

Also, I found I had to use a waiting cycle until the file exists on the file system. Looks like CaptureScreenshot is an async function.

9. giancamati

giancamati

Hi,

I was trying to solve the same problem and I wondered if you can help me. I wrote donw that code but again I can't find the picture in the Photo section of the Ipad...

Best,
    Giancarlo

10. prawn-star

prawn-star

Hi

When I've needed to take a screen shot, I just make a hidden button somewhere that when pressed sets the time scale to 0
    Time.timeScale - 0;

then I can use the device to capture the screen while the game is effectivelty paused.

Pressing the hidden button again sets the time scale back to 1 to start the game again
    Time.timeScale - 1;

Prawn Star coming soon to Free 2 PLay
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tUQATVHAlvU

11. TheDanger

TheDanger

Buenas tardes, tengo el mismo problema, bueno desde iTunes, en los documentos de la aplicación si me aparece el screenshot, ahora necesito me ayude a extraer este archivo para mostrarlo en la galeria del IOS.