Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Can't Sign in on unity 5.2 for linux

Discussion in 'Linux' started by wen9, Nov 21, 2015.

1. gnumaru

gnumaru

2. FuzzyQuills

FuzzyQuills

In case no-one knows what that means, that stands for Chrome Embedded Framework. ;)

I also found something weird; right-clicking on the un-enterable fields shows a right-click menu, but then such right-click menu vanishes instantly... o_O

Hopefully, Unity find where the bug is. :)

EDIT: Oh yea, and this bug is the only reason I'm installing Plasma 5... :D

3. Caraket

Caraket

I'm having an issue similar to this. I can type all my information but clicking sign in it tells me "Service is not available. Try again later." I signed into this website to make sure my credentials were right. Still nothing. I'm running Ubuntu 16.04 LTS.

4. z3ntu

z3ntu

Typing works for me in Plasma 5.7.5, but pasting doesn't. The weird thing is, that when you copy some text already inputted, pasting works fine. Just copying from other applications doesn't work apparently. I already tried to find out, if there was any difference in what Unity was copying to the clipboard and what other applications were copying, but I didn't see a difference (I used xsel)

5. FuzzyQuills

FuzzyQuills

Is this bug STILL outstanding?!
    I don't actually get that anymore tbh, although since I last had this issue, my ubuntu partition's been redone twice.

6. Zoobaziz_adj

Zoobaziz_adj

Any solution to the error you have got. I am facing the same problem. I'm using linux mint 18.

7. FuzzyQuills

FuzzyQuills

See if installing xfce then running unity through it helps. :) Plasma 5 works too, although that thing's a bit heavy for some systems.
    Source: I also had this issue at one point, and switching DEs fixed it.

I seriously think though that this bug is fixed... Maybe I should try a live CD of the proper desktop ubuntu (I use a custom-built image each time) and see if unity acts up on it, since I haven't actually used Ubuntu Unity for the longest time.

EDIT: I think Cinnamon was also one of the DEs affected when I got this bug.
    If need be, I'll help test with the latest Linux Mint.

8. bineet

bineet

Tried your method, still the login is not working. The red bar with message "service not available, please try again later" appears no matter how and from where I open unity. I tried using sudo, tried running it with root account, normal account, from GNOME, from fluxbox.
    I am running Ubuntu 16.04, installed the .deb via Ubuntu software center.
    any help is appreciated.
    Thanks for your time.

9. BlackWarden

BlackWarden

Same issue here.
    MY SOLUTION: I dont quite understand how, but I just clicked around, clicked on the link to register, then clicked back, unticked the box "Remember me"..... and I was able to type. So my advice is, just click things. As dumb as it sounds, it fixed it for me.