Search Unity

Can't post a new thread to forums

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by radu-danciu, Nov 16, 2014.

1. radu-danciu

radu-danciu

So I'm trying to create a thread under "Assets and Asset Store" to announce a package that we just got up on the store and I get the following error with no further indication about correcting the issue:
    "Your content can not be submitted. This is likely because your content is spam-like or contains inappropriate elements. Please change your content or try again later. If you still have problems, please contact an administrator."

2. Eric5h5

Eric5h5

Volunteer Moderator Moderator

At a guess, the forum thinks the post looks spammy (maybe lots of links or something?), so try making it less so, somehow. Although that's kind of strange since actual spam gets posted fine, it's just usually auto-moderated so nobody sees it.

--Eric

3. radu-danciu

radu-danciu

What I was trying was to start a thread promoting a new asset on the Asset Store. It could have done with both promotion and an abundance of links in that initial post. In the end, by complete guesswork, I culled out some content and got it to work.

However, this is not a situation I'm pleased with, and neither should Unity - working in this industry we all know the weight of usefulness behind abundant debugging information. Throwing out generic errors (maybe it's a bit like spam, no wait, maybe it's actually inappropriate... or you could just try later, we might be experiencing some outage; look - we're not sure, just try and bug some of our staff about it) with no way of getting detailed resolution steps is really poor form.

The least that could be done is to apply the same filters to previewing posts. That way we could at least try to find the issue without publicly stripping our post of relevant info and showing things in various states of undress - especially when trying to promote a new product.

FreCre likes this.
  4. hlistoff

hlistoff

Having the same issue, it won't allow me to edit my already existing post.

5. null511

null511

Same, this seems like a common issue with first-time posts; which is why I'm writing this redundant information here. Hopefully my loyalty has now been proven...