Search Unity

Can't get good transparency without standard shader with Detail albedo

Discussion in 'Shaders' started by ArachnidAnimal, Aug 28, 2015.

1. ArachnidAnimal

ArachnidAnimal

Hello,

I'm using the standard shader with an albedo image, and using a Detail Albedo. The results are perfect as shown:

standardDetailAlbedo.png
    g

But, I want to use JUST the detail albedo (rust) for other parts of the game, without giving a main albedo image. I created a separate mesh just for the transparent albedo and put it over existing meshes:

justDetail.png

This is as best as I can get it. I cannot seem to get the same transparency that I got with the first technique I used. The alpha is not being blended in as nice. Tweaking the alpha cutoff simply causes the image to appear or disappear. I've tried all different kind of shader modes, and the legacy transparent shaders and can't get the same results as the standard shader with the main albedo and detail albedo (as shown in the first image).

Does anyone know why this happens?

Thanks.

2. Martin_H

Martin_H

See where it says "rendering mode: cutout"? Try other options in that dropdown menu. Does another one work better?

ArachnidAnimal likes this.
  3. ArachnidAnimal

ArachnidAnimal

Yeah, i tried all different settings. I just doesn't look right. I wonder if its something wrong with the tranparent image itself. I might have to look into creating my own shader.